EMPTY IPOD, NEED IT FILLED WITH MUSIC

Dream

i need a few ipods loaded with music, i have about 500 cd's i would like put on an ipod and i'm looking for a company or dj who could take my music and their music collection and create different playlists on my ipod. i don't have time to do this and was looking for a service like this. anyone heard of something like this and how much it would cost?

Dream

So you're looking for a company that would convert your cd's to mp3 files then put them on your ipod for you, plus add some from their music collection, correct?

I don't know if a company like that exists, due to legal ramifications of music sharing, but I am sure there are some haifers that would help you out. What type of music do you have, what type of playlists are you looking to have made, and how many?

i need a few ipods loaded with music, i have about 500 cd's i would like put on an ipod and i'm looking for a company or dj who could take my music and their music collection and create different playlists on my ipod. i don't have time to do this and was looking for a service like this. anyone heard of something like this and how much it would cost?

Ya know, I really hate to be mean. I really hate saying this, but this is what search engines are for. The first hit on Google is: LoadProng CD Loading

There were other services around back when iPods first came out, so if there were others they shouldn't be hard to find. Provided you bother to look.

Now, tucked in there you seem to be asking for someone to give you their music collection as part of the deal. Even if you pay for this "service," I suspect that's piracy or close enough that no legitimate business is going to touch it.

There were a lot of services a few years ago that would load your iPod for you, but most weren't serious and folded pretty quickly. There's probably a few left, but they can be hard to find.

As for having someone add "their" music to your iPod -- this is only legal if it is truly "their" original music.

Thing is, the price to load all 500 CDs you say you have by a service such as LoadProng is approx $1.59 per CD, equaling nearly $800.

Question is, why can't you just do it yourself? You said lack of time.... but is time that much of an issue? Because you don't have to do all 500 in one day. Acquire a CD-ripping program that can do a web id on your discs so you can get all the ID3 tags automatically filled out. Start with your favorite discs, and rip, load in iTunes (or something else if you don't like iTunes) and sync or upload.

Depending on how many discs you do in one sitting, you may be able to get done in a few weeks. This way will save money, and the whole music sorting hobby can also get nice and addictive. Believe me I know.

Yeah, I have to agree. If you have a reasonably new computer with USB 2.0 and a fast-ish optical drive, it is easy to load lots of music. Just do a few a day and you can do it whenever you are stuck at home, doing laundry, watching TV, whatever. Or give some thought to what you want to listen to and do those first. 500 CD's is probably about 600 hours of music, right?, so there's no way you are going to listen to all of it anytime soon.

thanks for all the advice guys. i think i've got it figured out with the help of my brother in law. we are ripping the cd's into the computer and then loading them to itunes and then to ipod, like geoff said.

dream

Archived