Can't decide where to live

weloih

Maybe we are just too picky, but my wife and I are having a realllyy hard time deciding where to live.

Our budget is around $330k, and the following is what we're looking for in a house:

1. Fairly close to work (I work at Beltway 8 and Westheimer, wife works at 59 and Airport area near Frys)

2. Considered "safe"

3. Property value can appreciate (possibly an upcoming neighborhood i.e. Spring Valley)

Townhouses or single family houses are fine since we don't have any kids. I've considered several areas ranging from West U (too expensive), Spring Valley (wife thinks it's too far), West Memorial, and Sugarland, and we have narrowed it down to West Memorial and Sugarland.

Are there other areas I should be looking at? Is Sugarland (maybe Telfair area?) or West Memorial the better choice?

Maybe we are just too picky, but my wife and I are having a realllyy hard time deciding where to live.

Our budget is around $330k, and the following is what we're looking for in a house:

1. Fairly close to work (I work at Beltway 8 and Westheimer, wife works at 59 and Airport area near Frys)

2. Considered "safe"

3. Property value can appreciate (possibly an upcoming neighborhood i.e. Spring Valley)

Townhouses or single family houses are fine since we don't have any kids. I've considered several areas ranging from West U (too expensive), Spring Valley (wife thinks it's too far), West Memorial, and Sugarland, and we have narrowed it down to West Memorial and Sugarland.

Are there other areas I should be looking at? Is Sugarland (maybe Telfair area?) or West Memorial the better choice?

I would pick a nice area of Westbury, as long as your are not in a flood plain or near riff-raff.

What size house and price range are you looking at? Telfair is not cheap.

Size is not a big issue. I would rather have a smaller house (around 2000 sqft) with a good location than a big house with a so-so location. Our price range is around $290k - $330k.

Both are great places to live IMO. When you factor in shopping, dining and other lifestyle stuff, I'd choose Telfair.

Do you think building a house in Telfair will a good choice from an investment standpoint? Can it be something like Avalon currently is in Sugarland?

Size is not a big issue. I would rather have a smaller house (around 2000 sqft) with a good location than a big house with a so-so location. Our price range is around $290k - $330k.

I'm selling mine in Sugar Mill come Feb. It's a little bigger that you want though. Closer to 3000 sq ft. With no kids you don't need a 4 bedroom home. You could get a decent house for that price range in Sugar Land although 2000 sq ft is considered small. I do have a good real estate agent that could help find something in Sugar Land if your interested.

Archived