Skyview Forest Residential Community In Pearland

Vince

Hi,

I've been reading this board for a while but this is my first post, please help me out.

I'm not from Pealand but I know a litle bit about the area, will move there someday.

My friends are out of state and want to move to Pearland, the price range is 130s to 150s. They are thinking to build a house in Skyview Forest

Hi,

I've been reading this board for a while but this is my first post, please help me out.

I'm not from Pealand but I know a litle bit about the area, will move there someday.

My friends are out of state and want to move to Pearland, the price range is 130s to 150s. They are thinking to build a house in Skyview Forest

My wife and I took a hard look at it late last year and it seems to be very nice. I think the lot size to build goes from anywhere in the range of $2500 to $5000, at least it was when we looked. We felt that there were a couple of concerns about it such as the flooding in and around the area (especially Almeda Genoa), and the way the area outside of the neighborhood looks. I felt very good about the potential for the area because apparently investors are trying to buy out the older homes and land surrounding the area which would mean higher land value with the improvements. (Hopefully) The City Park area is right down the street and I think they are going to throw commercial areas with shopping over there which would make that neighborhood more attractive. Where would they be working? If it's Downtown or in the Med Center then they would have a great commute, I would say about 10-15 minutes.

To sum it up, I think they would like it, especially if they are running some kind of incentive, which they usually are. We were very interested in KB Homes because you get a lot of house for the price, IMO, but they nickel and dime you on everything else. Something else that we also noticed about the neighborhood is that it wasn't as well lit at night as we would have liked.

I hope this helps them and if you can think of any more questions about the neighborhood, I will try to help.

Skyview Forest - Liberty Collection

Karick,

Thanks for your help,

What about crime? I

Karick,

Thanks for your help,

What about crime? I've heard some rumors about it but don't know if it's true or not.

Yes, they'll be working in Medical center which why they wanted to move to Pearland.

We'll definitely check out City Park.

The City Park neighborhood is decent...KHOV is an "interesting" builder to say the least. We looked into their homes as well and my wife couldn't stand the white fences that they put up throughout the neighborhood. There are a couple of other builders in that City Park area though such as Lennar, Gehan and Legend Homes.

City Park Houston

As far as the crime, I can show you where you can look up the statistics but I personally don't know how good or bad it is.

Crime Stats for 77047

I work in the Med Center and I was excited about the possibility of a relatively easy commute so I think they would definitely appreciate it. One downside to 288 besides traffic would be that the highway floods very easily because of the way it was designed.

If you can think of anything else, let me know!

The City Park neighborhood is decent...KHOV is an "interesting" builder to say the least. We looked into their homes as well and my wife couldn't stand the white fences that they put up throughout the neighborhood. There are a couple of other builders in that City Park area though such as Lennar, Gehan and Legend Homes.

City Park Houston

As far as the crime, I can show you where you can look up the statistics but I personally don't know how good or bad it is.

Crime Stats for 77047

I work in the Med Center and I was excited about the possibility of a relatively easy commute so I think they would definitely appreciate it. One downside to 288 besides traffic would be that the highway floods very easily because of the way it was designed.

If you can think of anything else, let me know!

Wow Karick, very very helpful information there, thank you very much. We'll be in town sometime this month to check these places out.

Thanks again,

One downside to 288 besides traffic would be that the highway floods very easily because of the way it was designed.

Drive through City Park and look carefully at the street layout. Not only are the streets way too narrow, but they don't have adequate storm drainage. This all points to the possibility for serious flooding during heavy rains (which we get often).

I would NOT recommend buying there to anyone. But to each their own.

Drive through City Park and look carefully at the street layout. Not only are the streets way too narrow, but they don't have adequate storm drainage. This all points to the possibility for serious flooding during heavy rains (which we get often).

I would NOT recommend buying there to anyone. But to each their own.

Thanks alot for taking time driving by Tim,

I think they're thinking toward Skyview Forest now, they really like the plan of the model home there. Does it have a potential flooding problem there?

Thanks alot for taking time driving by Tim,

I think they're thinking toward Skyview Forest now, they really like the plan of the model home there. Does it have a potential flooding problem there?

Vince, I am pretty sure the entire area does. That's what Tim is trying to say. City Park is far worse than Skyview Forest as far as flooding goes in my opinion because of the narrow streets, like Tim said, but My wife and I looked at a foreclosure in Skyview Forest earlier in the year when it was pouring over in the area and Skyview Forest's drainage system seemed to get backed up pretty quickly. I don't know if you remember but it was the same day the funnel cloud was spotted in Pearland.

To live in Houston, you typically take that kind of risk with any place.

Vince, I am pretty sure the entire area does. That's what Tim is trying to say.

Yes, that was my point. But not just about flooding; all other factors related to infrastructure should be considered. Sometimes houses cost more in certain areas without that cost being a tangible, measurable part of the house. For example, having better infrastructure (drainage, landscaping, amenities, etc.). That can seem like unnecessary & expensive fluff to some potential buyers, until something like Ike hits. I certainly saw the payoff, with good drainage and deep lakes to hold the rain.

Yes, that was my point. But not just about flooding; all other factors related to infrastructure should be considered. Sometimes houses cost more in certain areas without that cost being a tangible, measurable part of the house. For example, having better infrastructure (drainage, landscaping, amenities, etc.). That can seem like unnecessary & expensive fluff to some potential buyers, until something like Ike hits. I certainly saw the payoff, with good drainage and deep lakes to hold the rain.

Very good point! B)

• The title was changed to Skyview Forest Residential Community In Pearland

Archived