Southfork Community In Pearland

neonurse97

One of my coworkers lives there. I just asked him about this. He said the biggest impact would be on the new section of Southfork, where Royce had a significant footprint. All their empty lots will eventually be sold to other builders, but you are right about the unfortunate people currently under contract with Royce. They are the victims.

Meanwhile, Southfork's build-out is slowed.

One of my coworkers lives there. I just asked him about this. He said the biggest impact would be on the new section of Southfork, where Royce had a significant footprint. All their empty lots will eventually be sold to other builders, but you are right about the unfortunate people currently under contract with Royce. They are the victims.

Meanwhile, Southfork's build-out is slowed.

The real problem for that subdivision is WHO will Royce sell the empty lots to? It would be tragic if they sold those lots to KB homes or some other low end builder. I am so glad we didn't build there.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
One of my coworkers who lives in Southgate told me today that Cervelle Homes, the other builder in Southgate, has purchased the empty lots from Royce. So the subdivision will continue to grow under Cervelle.

Speaking of Royce Homes, Here's what a couple of the former Royce folks are up to.

www.greenecobuilds.com

"George Kopecky founded Greeneco Builders in 2008. Mr. Kopecky has over 30 years of experience in the homebuilding industry. He has started three homebuilding companies as well as been involved in numerous large land development projects. In addition, Mr. Kopecky also founded his own non-profit, needs based scholarship foundation - the Royce Builders Foundation for Youth; Mr. Kopecky still serves as an active board member. He also had an extensive career with US Home Corporation. He began working for US Home Corporation as a Construction Superintendent Trainee shortly after receiving his Bachelors Degree in Building Construction from Texas A&M University. He eventually became a Division President, with his last division being in Tucson, AZ. After leaving US Home Corporation, Mr. Kopecky started two building companies. One, Texas Colonial Homes, merged with Royce Builders in 1999. At that time, Mr. Kopecky came onboard to assist with overall management. Mr. Kopecky is now bringing his vast expertise and experience to Greeneco Builders."

Hopefully, these guys won't just close up shop and screw everyone in their path like Royce did. Allegedly.

CyKat

• The title was changed to Southfork Community In Pearland

Archived