June 22 Mod of the Month- 3 Open Houses

SpaceAge

Houston Mod is pleased to announce three nifty Mid-Century Modern houses looking for new owners will be available to tour this Sunday. These are all located in the 77074 zip code area of southwest Houston.

Date: Sunday, June 22, 2008

Time: 2:00 - 4:00 PM

1. 7139 Sharpcrest- Sharpstown, Section 2

hr2154828-1.jpg

HAR Link

Welcome Home! Just what you have been waiting for... an affordable Mid Century Mod. This home has been completely redone. ALL NEW KITCHEN APPLIANCES, NEW A/C, HEATER, WATER HEATER, & ROOF! This mod house has been renovated to highlight its original beauty. It has been featured on architectural websites, and will not last long.

This is a small but very well proportioned, carefully detailed, move in ready MCM house. Research is still underway and yeilding this house has an important design background.

2. 9006 Dunlap- Robindell, Section 5

hr2158908-13.jpg

HAR Link

Stunning 3-2 professional renovation on great street in Robindell. New electric, plumbing, paint. Modern flair with open floorplan. Bamboo floors. Marble counters in kitchen and baths. Island cooktop. Custom cabinets. Wine chiller. Stainless oven, microwave, dishwasher. Italian floor tile in baths. Landscaping with Zen garden. Huge 2 car garage. Zoned to sought after Herod Elementary.

This is a vintage contemporary style house with features and finishes of today.

3. 7826 Braeburn Valley Drive- Braeburn Valley, Section 1

hr2163043-16.jpg

HAR Link

One of a kind beautiful mid century modern home. So many updates- complete new kitchen including convection oven, all new bathrooms (4), new hardwood flooring, surround sound, new roof in 2003, 4 new sets of French triple mahogany doors surrounding the pool, slate around the pool, one new a/c unit, one new water heater, electrical box and amperage increased. This is a great neighborhood and this house faces the Braeburn Valley Golf course. Check this out - it won't last long!

Architect W. W. Crochet designed this house for his family. He will be at the house this Sunday to tell us about it and discuss Houston's architectural heritage. This will be a valuable opportunity to tap the knowledge of someone that influenced Houston's modern movement.

• 1 month later...

My wife and I bought the house on Dunlap. I'm an old window freak, and I love the ones in the house, first time I've seen some like it. We just moved from a 1955 house in Austin that sported 9- 7'X6' windows that cranked out (not the whole window). I've been lurking this site for housing options for 3 months or so now. Glad to see that H-town is (deservedly) proud of its' rich architectural gems. And the prices are pretty nice, as well. We would have spent probably 50% more in Austin to be in as cool a house zoned to a good school.

Archived