Fs: Two Guns (one Possibly Rare)

Warwick

Hey, guys, I'm not sure if this is allowed here. If it's not, feel free to let me know and delete the thread, mods. Thanks.

Ithaca .45 automatic handgun. Circa 1942. It still has the Army stamp on it. It's in good condition. I was told it was appraised at $1800. I'll just say $1500 OBO. I'm sure the guy will entertain any reasonable offers.

Blackpowder rifle. Civil War issue type replica. It's around 20-30 years old.

PM me if you're interested. I'm posting this for my Dad's friend. I'm sure he can make a deal for the gun(s).

Just some info for you SMOF4673 - U.S. MODEL 1911A1 .45 ACP BY Ithaca Manufactured in 1943 Is a classic John M. Browning design which served reliably in WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, and even today the Marine special Ops units have chosen to use a specially upgraded version of this old war horse. Ithaca manufactured 1911A1 pistols are getting hard to find in any condition. When World War II broke out the military knew that the Colt could not meet the demand for the Model 1911A1 so the Ordnance Department contracted with four other manufacturers to make this pistol. The four were Singer Sewing Machine Company, Remington Rand Typewriter Company, Ithaca Firearms Company, and Union Switch and Signal Company. Of the four Remington Rand made the most, nearly one million. Remington Rand pistols were considered by the military to be built to the tightest tolerances, this is why the Army used their frames to create National Match pistols in the 1960's. However not as rare as some of the others. Nearly all the M1911 pistols we see today are so mixed up and have been through so many overhauls that they have little collector appeal. If you believe this one to be all original and unmessed with, it should have all the following parts which are correct for 1942-1944 Ithaca production:

[*]Mainspring housing -arched, grooved with 7 ribs.

[*]Hammer - checkered early Ithaca type 1.

[*]Slide stop - with serrations Ithaca 1943-1945.

[*]Barrel - correct High Standard

Just some info for you SMOF4673 - U.S. MODEL 1911A1 .45 ACP BY Ithaca Manufactured in 1943 Is a classic John M. Browning design which served reliably in WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, and even today the Marine special Ops units have chosen to use a specially upgraded version of this old war horse. Ithaca manufactured 1911A1 pistols are getting hard to find in any condition. When World War II broke out the military knew that the Colt could not meet the demand for the Model 1911A1 so the Ordnance Department contracted with four other manufacturers to make this pistol. The four were Singer Sewing Machine Company, Remington Rand Typewriter Company, Ithaca Firearms Company, and Union Switch and Signal Company. Of the four Remington Rand made the most, nearly one million. Remington Rand pistols were considered by the military to be built to the tightest tolerances, this is why the Army used their frames to create National Match pistols in the 1960's. However not as rare as some of the others. Nearly all the M1911 pistols we see today are so mixed up and have been through so many overhauls that they have little collector appeal. If you believe this one to be all original and unmessed with, it should have all the following parts which are correct for 1942-1944 Ithaca production:

[*]Mainspring housing -arched, grooved with 7 ribs.

[*]Hammer - checkered early Ithaca type 1.

[*]Slide stop - with serrations Ithaca 1943-1945.

[*]Barrel - correct High Standard

Archived