One Final Trip Through Spring Valley

RWB

I took a final swing through Spring Valley. The modern picking were fairly slim (there are plenty of modern houses, just few that made me want to stop and snap a photo). But I was interested in the Bear Boulevard School on Westview. This is one of four pre-schools in Spring Branch with similar if not identical modern designs. They look quite nice, but it is weird that the design was used over and over. Does anyone know the story behind them?

TheBearBoulevardSchool3.jpg?t=1205341506

More at my blog, as usual.

Hi Robert,

Take a ride around the corner to 12810 Figaro in Memorial Bend. I know it's not Spring Valley but it's very close to the school in your picture. There sits a classic mid century modern. In fact, imo, it's the best one in Memorial Bend and Houston. I'm slightly biased since I have it under contract (private transaction)!

Best Regards,

Glenn

http://memorialbendarchitecture.com/12810fig.htm

Congratulations and welcome to the message board! Please start a new thread with as many pictures and stories as you care to share! We would love to hear about your new home.

Jason

Hi Robert,

Take a ride around the corner to 12810 Figaro in Memorial Bend. I know it's not Spring Valley but it's very close to the school in your picture. There sits a classic mid century modern. In fact, imo, it's the best one in Memorial Bend and Houston. I'm slightly biased since I have it under contract (private transaction)!

Best Regards,

Glenn

I am an early childhood teacher. I'm not sure who the designer was, but I think the design won some awards. I remember reading about it in the paper. It has a really child friendly design, with all classrooms surrounding an inner courtyard. There are tricycle trails and a playground in the coutyard, along with landscaping. The classes have huge floor to ceiling windows looking into courtyard. I think the design was so good that they replicated it 4 times.

I would love to teach Pre-K there!

I am an early childhood teacher. I'm not sure who the designer was, but I think the design won some awards. I remember reading about it in the paper. It has a really child friendly design, with all classrooms surrounding an inner courtyard. There are tricycle trails and a playground in the coutyard, along with landscaping. The classes have huge floor to ceiling windows looking into courtyard. I think the design was so good that they replicated it 4 times.

I would love to teach Pre-K there!

I know of three other schools with the same design in Spring Branch: the Lion Lane School, the Tiger Trail School, and the Wildcat Way School. (They not only duplicated the architecture, but replicated the naming scheme as well). I'd love to see the inside of the school.

Archived