The Reserve At Grand Parkway

I was driving home and noticed a sign that said coming soon " The Reserve at Grandparkway" this is on the west side of 99 and after Kingsland Blvd. but before Highland Knolls / Bayhill Blvd. Does anybody have any information?

I did a search on the internet and came up with a City of Houston planning and development dept public meeting agenda dated 9/13/2007 that shows a recommended approval for development of Reserve at Grand Parkway Subdivision. 88.9 acres. Applicant Kerry Gilbert and Assoc and Developer GP Ninety One Venture, LP. Digging further I found a Harris County commissioners court agenda dated March 22, 2005 with the following info...

10. Recommendation that the County Judge be authorized to execute a joint

participation agreement between the county, Katy Development Authority, Bing

Family Associates, Jae K. Moore, and G.P. Ninety One Venture, LP, in the amount

of $1 million to construct an extension of Kingsland Boulevard from Ernestes Road

to an intersection with Katy-Fort Bend Road in Precinct 3.

I did a search on the internet and came up with a City of Houston planning and development dept public meeting agenda dated 9/13/2007 that shows a recommended approval for development of Reserve at Grand Parkway Subdivision. 88.9 acres. Applicant Kerry Gilbert and Assoc and Developer GP Ninety One Venture, LP. Digging further I found a Harris County commissioners court agenda dated March 22, 2005 with the following info...

10. Recommendation that the County Judge be authorized to execute a joint

participation agreement between the county, Katy Development Authority, Bing

Family Associates, Jae K. Moore, and G.P. Ninety One Venture, LP, in the amount

of $1 million to construct an extension of Kingsland Boulevard from Ernestes Road

to an intersection with Katy-Fort Bend Road in Precinct 3.

It all makes sense now, i remember reading back on the chronicle and looking at all the roads that got approved for widening/extending/construct and i had read that the Kingsland Blvd. extension was going to be one of the last ones to get constrcuted becuase it wasn't of high priority. SO know that there some development going up it took a 1 million dollar jolt from the developer to move this project to the front of the line. Interesting, thanks for the reply.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
St Luke's Hospital and an unnamed continuing care retirement community are going to part of this development.

Can you (or anyone else) give more details on the "continuing care retirement community" mentioned? If you look at this area in the maps, there is the plot of land north of Katy Fort Bend Road that has the sign for St. Lukes. Then there is the area south of Katy Fort Bend Road that has some lakes or ponds already there. This is the area that fronts Katy Fort Bend Road to the North, Roesner Road to the northwest, 99 Grand Parkway to the east, and neighborhoods to the south and southwest. There is also a street called Falcon Park Drive that turns off Bay Hill Blvd and dead-ends into the southwest side of this land.

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=h&lat=29.76...0roesner%20road

I am trying to figure out if the hospital development extends south of Katy Fort Bend Road? If it does, then these lakes might be great for a retirement community or other neighborhood.

I live in one of those existing neighborhoods that backs up to this plot with the lakes. They are pushing around a lot of dirt out there to install the utilities and it looks like they are keeping the lakes. I may want to sell my house quickly if apartments or high rise commercial/medical are on the way. If it is a neighborhood, then that is probably not too bad. I just wish I knew what was coming!

Anyone know for sure what is being built around those lakes in this section of land or how to go about finding out?

Can you (or anyone else) give more details on the "continuing care retirement community" mentioned? If you look at this area in the maps, there is the plot of land north of Katy Fort Bend Road that has the sign for St. Lukes. Then there is the area south of Katy Fort Bend Road that has some lakes or ponds already there. This is the area that fronts Katy Fort Bend Road to the North, Roesner Road to the northwest, 99 Grand Parkway to the east, and neighborhoods to the south and southwest. There is also a street called Falcon Park Drive that turns off Bay Hill Blvd and dead-ends into the southwest side of this land.

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=h&lat=29.76...0roesner%20road

I am trying to figure out if the hospital development extends south of Katy Fort Bend Road? If it does, then these lakes might be great for a retirement community or other neighborhood.

I live in one of those existing neighborhoods that backs up to this plot with the lakes. They are pushing around a lot of dirt out there to install the utilities and it looks like they are keeping the lakes. I may want to sell my house quickly if apartments or high rise commercial/medical are on the way. If it is a neighborhood, then that is probably not too bad. I just wish I knew what was coming!

Anyone know for sure what is being built around those lakes in this section of land or how to go about finding out?

There is a 114 acre tract of land south of The Reserve at GP. From what I understand, 25 acres on the Roesner Rd side has been purchased by a company called Davis Development.

The utility work that is being done is being done by Clearwater Utilities. It was bid out by Van De Wiele Engineering for Avanti communities under the assumed name Katy-Ft Bend Road AIP III. Broadstone development(A division of Alliance communities based out of Phoenix) has purchased a 2.2 acre tract in fort bend county, but I do not know how much they have purchased in Harris County. Broadstone develops apartment complexes and they have about 7 or 8 in Houston and I believe it will be a 342 unit apartment complex on the east side of the lake. Davis development I belive will be a 350 unit apartment complex. Information for the apartments came from: http://www.apartmentshoustonmovingrelocati...w_apartment.htm

They have put in a crossing over the levee to extend falcon park drive, but not exactly sure where it will end up. It may linking up with Cobia at Katy Ft Bend Road. Maybe not.

...Broadstone develops apartment complexes and they have about 7 or 8 in Houston and I believe it will be a 342 unit apartment complex on the east side of the lake. Davis development I belive will be a 350 unit apartment complex. Information for the apartments came from: http://www.apartmentshoustonmovingrelocati...w_apartment.htm

When you say east side of the lakes, do you mean north east side or souteast side? Look at the map picture above to see what I mean. Basically, are there going to be 3-4 story apartments looking down onto those houses south of the lakes or will the apartments be more towards the Grand Parkway. May be too early to tell, but sure would be nice to know...

I am not sure about the dimensions of the land that was purchased in Harris County (The county line runs through the middle of the 114 acre tract), I have not been able to access those records. Since Fort Bend county public records are accessible online, I do know that Alliance communities under the Broadstone apartment name has purchased 2.2 acres (240 ft by 400 ft) in Fort bend that is about 200 ft from the back of the fences in the Falcon Landing subdivision section 3 that face north west. I do not know about the tract of land in Harris County, but I assume that there will the same 200 ft buffer between the fences and the apartment buildings.

As far as the houses south of the houses in section 5 of falcon landing (just south of the drainage canal, you should have about 500-600 feet between you and the complex. It looks like they are putting in a detention reservoir in the area east of the large pond. It is kind of tough to tell right now though.

The total planned development this comples is somewhere between 16 and 17 acres in both Harris and Fort Bend counties.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

For a a few months I have seen major construction in the area between Fort Bend-Katy road and Kingsland off of Grand Parkway. I wanted to know what else being built there besides the St. Lukes Medical Center and the apartment complex. I heard there would be a senior living community. Has anyone else heard anything ? I just don't want my property values to go down even lower than they will with the apartment complex. I live within a 1/4 of a mile from this area and will probably move depending on what's built there. I can't seem to get a home that doesn't end up with apartments next/near it (along with increased crime, traffic, and decreased sales values).

Anyone know what's going on out there (so I can start calling real estate agents) ?

For a a few months I have seen major construction in the area between Fort Bend-Katy road and Kingsland off of Grand Parkway. I wanted to know what else being built there besides the St. Lukes Medical Center and the apartment complex. I heard there would be a senior living community. Has anyone else heard anything ? I just don't want my property values to go down even lower than they will with the apartment complex. I live within a 1/4 of a mile from this area and will probably move depending on what's built there. I can't seem to get a home that doesn't end up with apartments next/near it (along with increased crime, traffic, and decreased sales values).

Anyone know what's going on out there (so I can start calling real estate agents) ?

http://www.edsuite.com/facilities/download...-1_02-18-08.pdf

There is a thread on this subject elsewhere on this forum. Do a search for Reserve at Grand Parkway.

• The title was changed to The Reserve At Grand Parkway

Archived