4-way Stops on the Parkway aren't working

Some bozo in a mini van blew through a 4-way stop on me on the Parkway yesterday. My son and I are ok, we have car built for that type of thing and it really saved us. Fortunately I saw her as I had was about to cross the second west bound lane at 4 mph and slammed on the brakes. She grazed across the front of my car at 35-40 miles per hour. A lovely workman stayed to be a witness, she got a ticket yet she is denying it to the insurance :wacko: (which fortunately she has). Her van had a dent in it that ran from the front passenger panel all they way to the side to the rear panel. It was pretty obvious she didn't even do a half-hault at the stop.

The 4-way stops are almost worse than if there were no stop signs. There is just WAY too much traffic for these things to work. Everytime you roll up to it, there are at least 4 cars rolling up to it also. THe people on the Parkway have no patience and barely half-hault then floor it. OR everyone gets confused who was there first, or someone else is coming up to the stop sign, but if you don't take your turn somone else will and the whole problem repeats itself.

I am just so thankful we are ok and that somehow my body put the brakes on it time, otherwise she would have been in the drivers side.

I guess its a grand way to send an ADIOS from me to the Woodlands. If my house would sell it would be even grander........

Don't forget to go after the insurance company for diminished value....espesically if you have a nice, new, expensive luxury car. Few people want a car with the stigma of having been wrecked and repaired...even if it was minor or moderate damage.

traffic signals are in the works by the end of the year. i'm glad you and your son are OK, katiedidit. i can't stand these people who blow through intersections like no one else exists. make her pay.

Archived