610 gives Lance the boot

lockmat

Any sports radio 610 morning crew listeners out there?

Well, the star personality is now gone. He is one of the best, most entertaining sports radio personalities I have ever heard. Actually, I don't know anyone else I like better. I prefer him to Rome as well.

I just hope he finds his way back to the airwaves. He's way too good on the air to not be on.

Here's his chron blog from this morning

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4876798.html

That guy was a horrible radio host. He was completely self-absorbed, and spent the entire morning show making animal noises and joking around with Jon Granato. A little joking around is okay, but they carried on too much to where you're just like, "okay, can we get back to sports now?" He spent maybe 30 minutes of the entire 3 hours talking about sports. Maybe he was hiding his lack of sports knowledge. I'm just glad he's gone.

That guy was a horrible radio host. He was completely self-absorbed, and spent the entire morning show making animal noises and joking around with Jon Granato. A little joking around is okay, but they carried on too much to where you're just like, "okay, can we get back to sports now?" He spent maybe 30 minutes of the entire 3 hours talking about sports. Maybe he was hiding his lack of sports knowledge. I'm just glad he's gone.

LOL, are you serious?

The guy was hilarious. And when he did talk about sports, he showed he was the most knowledgable personality on the entire station, if not in all of Houston; at least in football. But he also had good takes on other sports too.

Plus, I like the comedy he brought. There was enough sports talk for me. I was fine gettting my sports talk from shows the rest of the day.

Lance was the best thing Houston Sports radio had. I lik Charlie Palilo? to on the other station. Going to miss Lance for sure. I'm sure he will land somewhere.

Charlie is really good too, but kind of boring by himself. I liked him when he was with Rich Lord, since he was kind of a devils advocate and then Charlie would clear things up...sort of like niche and red.

Actually, my opinion of Lance might be a little skewed, since the only times I really listened to the morning show were when my radio alarm went off in the morning. I'd keep hitting the snooze button, and every time the radio came back on, I'd catch Lance in the middle of something bizarre that made no sense and was certainly not sports related. So I was hearing the show briefly every 10 minutes, and maybe that's why I didn't understand what was going on with Lance and Jon. Oh well, he's gone now.

Any sports radio 610 morning crew listeners out there?

Well, the star personality is now gone. He is one of the best, most entertaining sports radio personalities I have ever heard. Actually, I don't know anyone else I like better. I prefer him to Rome as well.

I just hope he finds his way back to the airwaves. He's way too good on the air to not be on.

Here's his chron blog from this morning

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4876798.html

How about you quit jocking and everyone else these guys suck at 610 what a bunch of clowns Ralph Cooper is the best in Houston yall sound like a bunch of homos I prefer him to rome your funny man

I always wondered how others felt about Lance. personally he annoyed me too and I will tell you why shortly and for some of the same reasons Rich Lord is annoying. I was very dssapopinted that John left. He was the best in the morning and a true professional that carried the show. He was funny and knew his stuff. Mark Van Demere (sp?) is too. Basically the only 2 on 610 that I wanted to see go were Lance and Rich.

Here is why Lance and Rich both do this and it is rude not to mention confusing to the caller and listeners... Host says OK, so and so you are on the air, Lance and Rich almost half the time, chime in and start talking about another subject and interupt with some rant and to me makes the flow of the show choppy and agrevating. Also, to those that think Lance was so knowledgable, if you really listened to what he said he never said anything. He would go on these long winded rants about something and keep repeating the same thing over and over and not say anything. Reminded me of a politician. Talk so much that you forget what the question was and the point. He would also say, a source told me... I think that was an exageration most of the time, because it would rarely come true. Things he would say were classic red flags for someone that did not know what they were talking about and were full of it. I see it all the time at work and in personal life. The old saying that if you throw enough ____ against the wall some of it will stick. That was him. Anytime there was a subject that I was especially interested in or knew something about, which is usually the sooners, I would say to myself that is just not true. Then in a few days actual facts would come out and he would be dead wrong. But in his world life goes on and he keeps making stupid predictions and irrational tatements with nothing to back it up ("except secret sources/contacts") or no recourse when he (secret sources) are wrong.

Lance would go on and on for minutes at a time and not let John speak, then John would get his chance and say something actually with meat. Lance is not good at radio!

I quit listening when John left. Now I listen again.

I always wondered how others felt about Lance...

Really? I used to like John, but then the more I listened, the more I felt he didn't know much. I felt like all he said were things any sensible listener could tell you; just like Rich and Mark. Lance knew things only people in the know knew. Just read Lance's blog and his analysis of players and I think it shows he knows what he's talking about.

Journalists, radio personalities, fans, they're all speculators anyway. It's not hard science.

• 4 months later...
Lance was the best!! He was the most knowledgeable guy on radio. He knew his sh**. The others stink!! The least knowledgeable was John Granato. This guy sucked!!!

Granato has had his own show for a while now on what I think is 1350 the Game. I think you're right. His knowledge isn't that great, but I used to love him a long time ago when he was doing highlighs on 51.

And actually, Lance joined Granato on his show full time this past week. So they're back together.

Granato has had his own show for a while now on what I think is 1350 the Game. I think you're right. His knowledge isn't that great, but I used to love him a long time ago when he was doing highlighs on 51.

And actually, Lance joined Granato on his show full time this past week. So they're back together.

correction

it's 1560 the game. from 7 till 11 weekday mornings

Archived