Van Gundy to retire!

donnieyen

I like Rafer except for his shot selection which is absolutely horrible. And he's too inconsistent. If it wasn't for that I say keep him. But he takes the most wild three's that don't go witht the flow of the offense at all. I can understand Mcgrady doin it, but he's the leader of the team. We had to rely on Alston way too much, and I think he felt that so that's why he took all those crappy shots.

Just heard that Van Gundy is retiring! This will be a good thing. We also need changes in certain players. Rafer needs to go!.

I don't think the problem is the coach. Look at the personnel he's got to work with. Everyone sucks except for the 2 superstars. While they could obviously be better leaders, there's noone else on the team that did a damn thing in this series. They're all worthless. I'd like to see this team almost overhauled with the exception of the 2 stars and maybe Battier and Deke, then give JVG another 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...
bring back steve and have him come off the bench

I'd be surprised if the Knicks actually bought out his contract. Even with Stevie taking $0.50 on the dollar, it still equates to a bucket full of money to be paid out at one time. Not sure the Knicks see the value in that.

But if so and if the Rox can pick him up for cheap, it wouldnt' be the worst acquisition in the world. For one, the Rox's athleticism would improve greatly off the bench.

Archived