Fairfield Towne Center

ctfunderburk

Okay then, fifteen minutes. I always thought it was ten minutes, but regardless, it is becoming a shorter drive every year.

have you ever been down 290 out towards brenham/austin?

It's not just 15 minutes......it's at least 25-30 minutes. (from your statement on 10 minutes drive time)

Prairie View is almost all the way to the Hempstead/1488 area. And I don't know how more cars on a freeway would make the drive ANY shorter.....commuters on 290 from 610 would know that for sure.

I made the PV drive to 1960 and PV to Tomball since 2002...

with the freeway improvements the drivetime is about 25 minutes to 1960 in normal speed...I've drove crazy at times and it hit in 18 minutes...

Tomball to Waller is a 15 minute ride if you drive crazy and and drive around the slow vehicles...if 2920 ever hits 4 lanes like it needs to be now it's easily a 15 minute ride unless it develops like the spring side and have stoplights every 2 blocks

It's not just 15 minutes......it's at least 25-30 minutes. (from your statement on 10 minutes drive time)

Prairie View is almost all the way to the Hempstead/1488 area. And I don't know how more cars on a freeway would make the drive ANY shorter.....commuters on 290 from 610 would know that for sure.

I'm talking PV.

I drive from Cypress to College Station twice a week. It takes me about 25 minutes to get from Barker Cypress to Hempsted (driving 70-75 mph). PV is 4 miles from the Hwy 6 flyover.

I drive between cypress and college station 3+ times a week. It takes me 12 minutes from west road&290 to fairfield.

It takes me 15 minutes from fairfield to PV. I drive at 75 MPH.

• 1 year later...

Now that the outlet center is in - does anyone have more info on this even larger project? What kind of stuff might be going in, etc.. I don't see anything on the Simon website about Fairfield Towne Center...

It says this is east of the outlets.

There is also an HEB strip going in on the other side of the outlets, right?

I drive by that site daily. They took down the silt fence and seeded the site. They are now installing a sprinkler system around the perimeter. Seems like a bunch of work and $$$ just to be torn up durning construction.

I have a feeling the Fairfield Town Center has been put on hold.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wasn't the whole "towne center" and the H-E-B originally supposed to be NORTHWEST of the outlet mall? I remember it being that way...

I believe they had to move because the Grand Parkway took up some if not all of their land.  I could be wrong on that though.