Memorial Ashford Town Homes At 14717 Perthshire Rd.

homehunter

• 4 months later...
Thinking about moving into this complex. Can anybody tell me anything about it?

Sorry to have just now seen this . . . maybe it's because we're busy looking for a way out!

Seriously, it was a sweet little complex, back in 2002 when we moved here. Quiet, well-maintained, and excellent, hyper-vigilant constable support. You could drive around and see some really nicely-decorated yards and patios.

Since Katrina? -- or perhaps some cost-reduction measures are to blame -- but something has brought us to a tipping point. Maintenance of grounds has declined, constable has disappeared, vandalism is up. More kids breaking into the tennis courts and swinging on the nets, skateboarding there, etc. etc.

Our biggest concern is the now-absent constable who used to be such a fixture around here. Where'd he go and why? Coincidentally, several of us have experienced auto-related vandalism and -- if I were guessing -- there may be more in-home break-ins also.

Sure would love to see someone pick up this thread and set me straight!

I've heard they are turning that library branch into a new sub-station. Maybe that will help the area. I see tons of reports of auto vandalism and theft in the area. I guess if you have a garage, you must put your car in at night. OR at least in the driveway. Apparently the sentence is harder if they vandal a car park IN the driveway. So it deters them a little.

Wilchester got slammed all last summer on car vandal issues, so its not just the apartments.

• The title was changed to Memorial Ashford Town Homes At 14717 Perthshire Rd.