Rushwood

austintennis

i lived in rushwood from around 1976-1980. my mother worked at greenspoint mall.

i hadnt been there in around 30 years and recently drove by my old house... the trees had gotten very big and the houses didnt look as bad as i thought they might.

the pool area however looked somewhat post apocolyptic and deserted,i remember it being brand new and vibrant hub of the subdivision and now it looked as if time had passed it by many years ago.

anyone else remember rushwood from the mid to late 70's? or have any pics?

• 1 month later...

I looked this neighborhood up online trying to figure out where it was, and it looks as if most of the houses in Rushwood that I've seen for sale have taken a bit of a beating in the last 30 years. Any idea why this neighborhood didn't hold up as well as others? Was it just the location being close to Greenspoint? Otherwise, a lot of the homes seem to have some character when compared to other tract home subdivisions. Looks like the area could have turned out better.

• The title was changed to Rushwood