General Contrator In Clear Lake Area

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good general contractor who does work in the Clear Lake area? We're trying to add a covered patio and porte-cochere that matches the house (i.e. not a metal structure). We're also replacing some windows and ripping out the fire place to add a new window in the family room. We thought we found a good contractor but 8 months later all we have is 2 incomplete windows and an email saying that he's decided not to work on it any more (and oh yea, please pay $4000.00). So to say the least, I'm getting very frustrated trying to find a GC who can do a good job without tearing us a new one. We got a quote from a well known GC in the Seabrook area, he quoted us $80,000 ! I'm sure they do great work, but you could build a small house for that. In any case, I would appreciate any recommendations you guys can send my way.

Thanks,

CLD

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good general contractor who does work in the Clear Lake area? We're trying to add a covered patio and porte-cochere that matches the house (i.e. not a metal structure). We're also replacing some windows and ripping out the fire place to add a new window in the family room. We thought we found a good contractor but 8 months later all we have is 2 incomplete windows and an email saying that he's decided not to work on it any more (and oh yea, please pay $4000.00). So to say the least, I'm getting very frustrated trying to find a GC who can do a good job without tearing us a new one. We got a quote from a well known GC in the Seabrook area, he quoted us $80,000 ! I'm sure they do great work, but you could build a small house for that. In any case, I would appreciate any recommendations you guys can send my way.

Thanks,

CLD

Maybe I can help. Shoot me a PM with your number.