Mixed-Use Development On I-10 & Highway 6

Boris

Moody Planning $80M Energy Corridor Project

HOUSTON-Following a six-month search for the perfect parcel on the west side, a local developer has acquired 12 acres in the Energy Corridor submarket for a mixed-use project. The estimated all-in development tag is $80 million.

Moody National Cos. bought the land at Interstate 10 and Texas 6 from Dallas-based Granite Properties Inc., which had developed the three-story, 50,000-sf Granite Park 10 on adjacent land. The just-acquired acreage will be built out with 175,000 sf of class-A office space, two hotels totaling 228 rooms and a 7,000-sf restaurant.

The developer plans to break ground on Moody Park 10 in about six months, beginning with the 127-room Hyatt Place and 101-room Marriott hotel.

http://www.globest.com/news/850_850/houston/158322-1.html

You can tell West Houston is doing well (i.e., the energy business). These two hotels (Hyatt Place and Marriott) will join the two new ones near Memorial City (Westin and Sheraton) as well as the relatively new Marriott Courtyard.

I will add this to the list of big projects that get slashed in half in funds and in size, a la Houston Pavilions.

Bet you one of those hotels "secretly" dies before ground breaking, it's becoming a Houston tradition.

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Mixed-Use Development On I-10 & Highway 6

Archived