Dallas In A Dust Bowl

Trae

Why was it like that in Dallas?

Wind storms in West Texas kicked up the dust and very unusual, strong winds from the west blew it into DFW. It doesn't happen often, happily, but it is a sight when it does.

I was having lunch with friends when we noticed the high winds, but the sky was clear. At about 1 PM or so I was at the office when I smelled dirt in the air, looked out the window and the whole city was glowing a burnt orange haze.

They're pretty annoying. The dust gets in everything, end up breathing, tasting, and cleaning it for days.

Wish I could post some pretty cool dust storm pics, but can't at this time

Amen. I can't imagine what it's like in Iraq...but even here in West Texas they are ridiculous. Dust gets into every little crack you can imagine and the static electricity afterwards is another pain in itself.

The red dust (more like dirt) make it all the way to Galveston (JB) this morning.

It was all over our truck and patio furniture.

I noticed it in Cypress yesterday. All over the cars in the driveway. And when we were sitting outside for about an hour, I noticed a fine layer on my shoes.

My family in Dallas said that it was real windy yesterday and dust was flying around. I saw this while looking at DallasFortWorthUrban:

reddustuk9.jpg

duststorm2007zw8.jpg

^Photo taken directly above the metroplex.

that looks like a particularly bad smog day in Houston! Kinda looks cool though, doesnt it.

• The title was changed to Dallas In A Dust Bowl

Archived