Findlay Court: A Bunch Of Vacant Lots Overlooking The Bayou

I was looking at the HCAD maps for that dome house that somebody posted about on another thread, down by the bayou near Meadowbrook/Park Place, and I ran across a bunch of vacant lots platted as Findlay court just across the bayou. The owner is listed as:

GREATER PARK PLACE

COMMUNITY DEV CORP

PO BOX 262784

HOUSTON TX 77207-2784

Anybody know anything about this CDC or the lots?

The plat map (or most of it) can be seen at:

http://www.hcad.org/iMaps/Tiles/Color/5654B5.pdf

I was looking at the HCAD maps for that dome house that somebody posted about on another thread, down by the bayou near Meadowbrook/Park Place, and I ran across a bunch of vacant lots platted as Findlay court just across the bayou. The owner is listed as:

GREATER PARK PLACE

COMMUNITY DEV CORP

PO BOX 262784

HOUSTON TX 77207-2784

Anybody know anything about this CDC or the lots?

The plat map (or most of it) can be seen at:

http://www.hcad.org/iMaps/Tiles/Color/5654B5.pdf

there was some discussion of developing about 10 "affordable" houses in there a few years ago but i haven't heard anything about it in a while (and i haven't driven back there in a long time to see if anything has happened). They were having trouble coming up with funding.

i believe the cdc is owned by several of the "officials" of the park place neighborhood association.

it has been in the planning stages since the late 90's and i think the owner of the land or the cdc has changed at least once.

it's also a good place to dump your old couch. :ph34r:

quietly the administration is attempting to get the city's subsidized housing program back on track. they have lost so much money due to inactivity that they are attempting to get back on track in the event that hurricane katrina victims will need housing when federal funds go. i visited a site today and 5 or 6 people who work for the program were in attendance. the facility i visited was run by the new hope organization. i will have to commend their efforts. but i told them that the city is mixing their efforts with other programs such as rehab facilities which is confusing to the average joe citizen. by the time i left i must have had 10 business cards from people who were really interested in hearing what was going on. for the glenbrook residents, one of the persons in attendance was there and was spouting the same sh_t.

• The title was changed to Findlay Court: A Bunch Of Vacant Lots Overlooking The Bayou

Archived