Houston Community College Central Campus At 1300 Holman St.

Blake

As previously mentioned, HCC has practically nothing in common with Boston College, a highly ranked and regarded 155 year old Jesuit research university with one fifth the student population of HCC.

However, both HCC and CUNY are locally focused public institutions that have similar missions as exemplified by open admissions policies and strong remedial programs, resulting in large, very diverse student bodies - to name just a few parallels. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, UtterlyUrban said:

I honestly don’t understand what this means.  Can you explain?

A school with open admissions ends up with some students who didn't get a decent earlier education.  Remedial programs are designed to fill in those gaps and bring the poorly prepared students up to a college level.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Anyone take culinary classes at HCC?  My wife has been talking about taking some classes for her own amusement but we don't know if this is the place to go or if she should try the Art Institute or Lenotre.  I suspect the cost is better at HCC, but how are the quality of the classes?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

HCC Administration Building parking garage on Elgin has a major water pipe break, the driveway entrance has buckled up and will probably be closed while they fix it. Elgin is also probably going to be closed east bound, outside lane.

Crews arrived just as I took this video Saturday morning.

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 4:36 PM, hindesky said:

HCC Administration Building parking garage on Elgin has a major water pipe break, the driveway entrance has buckled up and will probably be closed while they fix it. Elgin is also probably going to be closed east bound, outside lane.

Crews arrived just as I took this video Saturday morning.

saw your video on reddit. This sucks for the owner but it sort of cool to see the pavement pushed up like that. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Houston Community College Central Campus
  • The title was changed to Houston Community College Central Campus At 1300 Holman St.