Eldridge Crossing Shopping Center Developments

Found this little blurb from an article in today's HBJ and found it interesting, given the location. Could this intersection finally be seeing much needed infill? They've had parcels of land "fenced" off going down Eldridge for a couple of years but no movement.

Or is this going north of Westheimer?

Anyway...

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...ml?surround=lfn

Indeed, Target is planning three new stores in the Houston area for 2007 and 2008 located at Interstate 45 and FM 646 in League City, at FM 1488 and FM 2978 in Magnolia and at Westheimer and Eldridge.

Sure to be suburban style but that huge swath of land really sticks out like a sore thumb in this part of the city/county (it's right at the edge).

This is going to be a huge shopping center with a Super Target (don't know about the Target Tower) and about 30 other fast food and smaller retail spaces. The center encompasses the entire area from Westheimer to Richmond along Eldridge.

I'm doing some of the engineering work and will keep everyone posted with any new info.

Wasn't their a Target somewhere around the intersection of Hwy 6 and Westheimer some years ago or am I wrong about that? Seems hard to believe that that area's just getting a Target of some sort, given the demographics.

There used to ba Kmart maybe thats what you are thinking of

I could care less who's better - Wally World or Targe'. I just want to know why Target has been coming in and building plain ol' Targets instead of Super Targets? What's the deal with that?? I thought there was no excuse for a Plain Target in Sawyer Heights, but it would be crazy to continue the trend. Especially with Wal-Mart heading into full swing, starting to appeal to a "high-income crowd." Seems like there are more Super Wal-Marts in town than the plain ones too.

Personally, I shop anywhere but Wal-Mart when it comes to almost anything ('cept maybe cleaning supplies). I either have to go to the Wal-Mart on Westheimer, just past Voss, or the one at 290 and Tidwell, which has been under construction forever. They're both dirty, have bad parking, ask anyone working there and they either won't understand what you're saying or have no clue where the thing you're looking for is (and have no initiative to go find out for you), andworst of all, neither bothers to keep anything stocked. I find that Target, even with its higher prices, keeps their shelves stocked, their bathrooms clean, and you can always pick up a help phone and someone will help you. $2 more for that DVD at Target is worth it and not just because it will actually BE on the shelf.

Target is not better then Walmart. Walmart always have low prices. Alot of people said, Target is too damn high! I'll take Walmart anytime. Plus, it stay's open 24hrs.

For an extra 25 cents or whatever markup per item, I'd rather shop in a cleaner environment and wait 15 minutes less at the check out line than have to deal with the "trailer trash" that regularly shops at Walmart with crying babies, changing diapers in the parking lots leaving the dirty remains in the parking spot, items misplaced everwhere, including the floor.

If I am going to support the overseas Chinese economy, I'd rather at least shop with some dignity and not some Super indoor flea market. <_<

There used to ba Kmart maybe thats what you are thinking of

And before that, Venture.

This is going to be a huge shopping center with a Super Target (don't know about the Target Tower)

Go look at the one I am refering too that just opened. It is so far off from the street, they built up a "tower" like structure on the end to support a sign, but it is built into the building. It is pretty unusual for a Target design, hence, I call it, "Target Tower".

Random, the library is closer to Memorial, not Westhiemer. <_<

I know about the existence of the Kendall Branch (14330 Memorial Drive). I am saying that the Westside should get a branch between Kendall and the Robinson-Westchase Branch (3223 Wilcrest @ Richmond) near Highway 6.

This property is in Alief, so the nearest branch might be the one on Kirkwood. I don't think they've built any new libraries since the Kickerillo homes and the apartments went up near there.

Actually, if the Target is at the intersection of Westheimer and Eldridge, as mentioned in the press release, it is between Kendall and Robinson-Westchase. To give you an idea of where it is, the Target would be close to Westside High School and the West Oaks Mall.

By Kirkwood, do you mean the Henington-Alief Branch? It's at 7979 South Kirkwood, located south of Bellaire Boulevard, west of Dairy Ashford, east of Wilcrest, and north of Beechnut.

There's currently a Target undergoing remodeling on Westheimer @ Woodland Park. I wonder how the two locations would affect each other longterm, since they'd only be seperated by about three or so miles.

It may go the way of the Randall's.

There were (2) Randall's at one time on Westheimer and Wilcrest and Westheimer and Dairy Ashford.

The one on Dairy Ashford has since closed and is reopening as a 24 Hour Fitness Sport.

Having competition and (2) locations close to each other could saturate the market.

• 2 months later...
Guest Plastic

Westie@Eldridge is one of the last few intersections with open space on Westheimer. At first KB Homes and a Chevron now there's a CVS.

Are there any plans so far for the 2 mega huge spaces left on Westheimer and Eldridge?

I don't know that exact block, but I used to live out that way. I had not been out there in over a year and rode up Westheimer not too long ago. I was amazed at all the new growth. Lower on Westheimer, they've put up a Home Depot and a Super Target (around the Fogo de Chao blocks near Dunvale), and I know before I left the area, some bank was going up at Westheimer @ Kirkwood (diagonally across from the HEB in the Royal Oaks area).

That area is booming!

Westie@Eldridge is one of the last few intersections with open space on Westheimer. At first KB Homes and a Chevron now there's a CVS.

Are there any plans so far for the 2 mega huge spaces left on Westheimer and Eldridge?

There is a pefectly good topic already covering this, called New West Houston Target, Westheimer @ Eldridge that was active no more than 2 months ago.

I already submitted a request for a merge. <_<

It may go the way of the Randall's.

There were (2) Randall's at one time on Westheimer and Wilcrest and Westheimer and Dairy Ashford.

The one on Dairy Ashford has since closed and is reopening as a 24 Hour Fitness Sport.

Having competition and (2) locations close to each other could saturate the market.

Let's compare their scenarios:

Target Westchase (10801 Westheimer Rd) to Westheimer@Eldridge SuperTarget = 3.4 miles

Katy West SuperTarget (23710 Westheimer Pkwy) to Westheimer@Eldridge SuperTarget = 8.9 miles

Randalls 11041 Westheimer Rd to former Randalls 12555 Westheimer Rd = 2.5 miles

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Ground work for a new Sam's Club has started in this shopping center.  Near the corner of Richmond and Eldridge.  The flyer in the post above has been updated to show it and the pads available for future development.  Office Depot has also recently opened on the Westheimer side of the center.

• 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to Eldridge Crossing Shopping Center Developments

Archived