Cinco Equestrian Village And Other Random Questions

TigerV1

Is Equestrian Village still a well kept and good part of Cinco?

Is there an unkept part of Cinco? I recently found out that Canyon Gate was not technically Cinco. Are there other parts in the area that are not part of Cinco but play off the name?

What areas south of I-10 would be best to avoid?

• 2 weeks later...
Is Equestrian Village still a well kept and good part of Cinco?

Is there an unkept part of Cinco? I recently found out that Canyon Gate was not technically Cinco. Are there other parts in the area that are not part of Cinco but play off the name?

What areas south of I-10 would be best to avoid?

We live in Equestrian Village, even though the signs going into the neighborhood say "Park Hollow." We're in the smallest part of EV, at the corner of Westheimer Parkway and Fry. To my knowledge, all the neighbors in our section keep up their yards and houses. We've been here since September. Kelliwood is just north of us on Fry. We're the eastern most section of cinco.

Come drive through it. It doesn't take long! You just should avoid living on Silver Bit Trail until they get the traffic issue fixed. People coming home between about 5pm to 7pm don't want to wait for the light to turn right on Fry from Westheimer and cut through our neighborhood. It would be one thing if they drove carefully. Most of them fly through as fast as they can while on their cell phones. (If you are one of these cutters, we hate you and please die. We aren't even affected by the cutters where we live and still hate them all.) Supposedly, a right turn lane is going to be added there this summer. It's going to have to be a pretty long lane to make a difference with the cutters though. Next step is a gate.

The only other problem is the schools, but you can PM me on the Tiger board about that. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Memorial Parkway.<<sttombiz

I live in Memorial Parkway in one of the last houses built along the fringes. While much of Memorial Parkway is an older neighborhood, and certainly not in the caliber of Cinco Ranch, or Kelliwood, in it's defense I will say that it is a quiet place. I get my little newsletter every month and make a point to read the police reports for the area and can tell you for certain, crime is pretty low here and has been for the 15 or so years I have lived out here. My house is now valued at nearly 60 thousand dollars more than I originally paid for it and when buying it, the fact that this area was affordable to me and surrounded by higher dollar real estate was very much on my mind. When I moved here, I knew I was going to pay cash for whatever I bought and did a lot of research into this area before dropping a lot of money on a house. Of course 15 years ago, Cinco Ranch and the Kelliwoods were just in their beginning stages and most people had no concept of how the area would develop as it did....although at the time my real estate agent did tell me they planned to build houses from I-10 to Westheimer...and turned out she was right. This is a good area for people who can't afford places like Cinco Ranch or Kelliwood but being surrounded by those subdivisions will keep your property values a little higher.

• The title was changed to Cinco Equestrian Village And Other Random Questions

Archived