East End Future Projects

Hello All,

I have several family members and friends that reside in the East End and during my last

visit I noticed some changes. Does anyone have any ideas or news about the following :

Empty land on the corner of S. Wayside and I-45 ?

Retail space where Fiesta was located on Lawndale ?

What updates are being made across Mason Park Gym ?

Is Circuit City coming to Gulfgate ????

A while back there was talk of a grocery store near Harrisburg ?

Thank You

Hello All,

I have several family members and friends that reside in the East End and during my last

visit I noticed some changes. Does anyone have any ideas or news about the following :

Thank You

I can only answer the last question. It's a Best Buy going in Gulfgate. Their Almeda store will shut down and move to the new space they are building at Gulfgate. The Circuit City at Almeda built a new store in front of the new Walmart at Almeda.

Thank You

The employees of the sandwich shop next door to the old lawndale fiesta said the strip mgmt was looking at a dollar store to occupy some of the space. i hope that doesn't come to fruition.

as for mason park, if you're talking across 75th, they are making a gazebo. i had heard they wanted it large enough to where a small band could play.

As stolix said, the almeda best buy is moving to gulfgate and is supposed to open in may.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this question is properly placed here in "East End Future Projects"...I live in the East end, the part close to downtown...around Palmer, Nagle, Dallas, Live Oak...Anyway, within the last two weeks or so, the city has begun resurfacing many of the streets in the neighborhood...mostly around the new townhouse developments. The new streets look nice, but I was wondering if any of you had an idea as to why the city would do that. I'm not complaining, but the streets weren't that bad to begin with...relatively smooth and clean. Is it possible that the city is making this neartown section look more attractive or might something bigger be in the works? I like the idea of new streets...it makes my neighborhood more appealing to buyers. I just wanted your thoughts...Most of you seem quite knowledgable about these things...Thanks.

I think this question is properly placed here in "East End Future Projects"...I live in the East end, the part close to downtown...around Palmer, Nagle, Dallas, Live Oak...Anyway, within the last two weeks or so, the city has begun resurfacing many of the streets in the neighborhood...mostly around the new townhouse developments. The new streets look nice, but I was wondering if any of you had an idea as to why the city would do that. I'm not complaining, but the streets weren't that bad to begin with...relatively smooth and clean. Is it possible that the city is making this neartown section look more attractive or might something bigger be in the works? I like the idea of new streets...it makes my neighborhood more appealing to buyers. I just wanted your thoughts...Most of you seem quite knowledgable about these things...Thanks.

they retop streets quite a bit just for maintenance purposes. they've let some of those go pretty bad (i'm thinking mckinney specifically) and a retopping is needed. my parents were just redone in the last 6 months.

The city did the same thing where I live in Shepherd Forest....streets were in very good condition, but they re-paved them anyway.

Honestly I doubt it will make it more appealing to a significant number of buyers, if any. It just won't detract from things. Most people don't notice streets that are smooth....that's how they're supposed to be! But if the streets are full of potholes and such, they'll definitely notice.

Archived