M5250: Gables Multifamily At 5250 Brownway St.

Hey guys... Don't hate me for resurrecting this thread. It's been well over a year and I was hoping maybe someone had some kind of new information on this project. Our community toes the property line with this proposed ... monstrosity. I guess I really struggle to see how ONE building, let alone TWO can fit onto the JW's auxiliary parking. If anyone's noticed, they re-did their lot to separate it from the rest of the lot. It's been significantly reduced in size and is raised above the remaining portion of the lot. I don't know what they're thinking really. There's no way Brownway can handle the traffic that would come with the 600-some residents that would live here...

Highway6 - apparently you're my neighbor. :)

Edit:

Well, I've done a little of my own digging since then. This transaction must've only been done this year. There is no HCAD record for 2007, but there is one currently pending under the Whiteco name:

WR SAGE WEST LP

1000 E 80TH PL STE 700

MERRILLVILLE IN 46410-5608

http://www.hcad.org/records/details.asp?ta...t=1303930010002

Cool! Thanks for the good news. :)

• 2 years later...

According to the HBJ http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/print-edition/2011/06/24/delayed-apartment-tower-set-for.html, a single 22 story apartment tower is due to break ground in late summer.

Whiteco Residential out of Indiana originally planned twin 35 story towers back in 2007. The original design called for two towers with a contemporary design. The new project will be just one tower described as "classical and traditional." Features include;

Westheimer at Sage location (near Walgreens)

300 luxury rental units

6th floor pool deck with fitness center

parking on levels 2-5

The architect on record is Mitchell Carlson Stone so don't get your hopes up. This is the firm that brought us Houston area jewels such as the Embassy Suites downtown, Homewood Suites at the Galleria, and a Hilton Garden Inn...

• Like 1

I live a stones throw from this site. They moved a construction trailer in this afternoon, so it looks like this one might actually move forward. I'm a little concerned about the traffic situation on Brownway St. both during construction and after residents move in. We really can't handle that many more cars since it's essentially a one way street (westbound). I'm thinking that the main ingress/egress will be on Sage. Since the property was purchased from the JW Marriott the developers probably negotiated an access easement through the Marriott's parking lot.

The developer's other tower on McCue doesn't look half bad and I'm happy that they rent for $2,000+/month. I'll try to take a few photos as things start gearing up.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to grab a slice of that parking lot north of Walgreens and try to put an entrance there and an exit on Brownway. That, or see some work down on Brownway. It's way too small to handle the increased traffic of a 22-story tower. And at the Sage/Westheimer intersection, there are always people who cut across the right lane to get to Brownway, I imagine that problem is just going to get worse.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

EIFS is stucco?

What do you mean? If your question is serious, then no EIFS is not stucco (or portland cement plaster). They are very different. This project is getting an Exterior Insulation & Finish System on 1.5" drainable expanded polystyrene board insulation. Unless something has changed recently.

What do you mean? If your question is serious, then no EIFS is not stucco (or portland cement plaster). They are very different. This project is getting an Exterior Insulation & Finish System on 1.5" drainable expanded polystyrene board insulation. Unless something has changed recently.

I was serious. When I searched google images, that's what it looked like. Now after reading wikipedia, apparently many people make the mistake. Is there a noticeable difference in the way it looks from say, 20 feet away?

• 1 month later...