M5250: Gables Multifamily At 5250 Brownway St.

but W. Alabama and HIDALGO is SOUTH of Westheimer.

Could it be we're talking about two totally different projects that are going up?

Your talking about Turnberry's project. This project is on Westeimer and Sage. Read the quote below from the HBJ article.

"The site now serves as a parking lot beside a Walgreens drug store at the northwest corner of Westheimer and Sage, right around the corner from the 31-story Dominion on McCue Road."

Your talking about Turnberry's project. This project is on Westeimer and Sage. Read the quote below from the HBJ article.

"The site now serves as a parking lot beside a Walgreens drug store at the northwest corner of Westheimer and Sage, right around the corner from the 31-story Dominion on McCue Road."

oh, then we ARE talking about two totally different projects, then.

Then that's even better! :)

Umm...

BLVD place? might be a little discussion we've held here and there.

So they ARE indeed moving around land to get things started on the overall project. I'm well aware of the thread on the subject (including the closing of the stores in the existing complex) but didn't know if the current land clearing across the street was directly associated. Thanks for the info.

The article linked to by Houstonfella doesn't have as much information as what was published in the hard copy.

Per the HBJ article that was published on Friday, "Whiteco President Stephan Beck says the firm might do a third apartment tower on the Galleria site, but will probably stick to a pair of structures for starters."

They are buying the land from Marriott, and the land sale might close by this week.

i live right around the corner and noticed the surface lot just to the west of that walgreens was fenced in with construction equipment sitting there. note the L shaped lot around walgreens:

I live just down the street on brownway between sage and yorktown..

The fencing you speak of has been up since I moved in last summer. The construction equipment has been there for just as long.

Part of that fenced lot was being used for storage by the contractor that just remodeled the new Trulucks right there by the BoA.

This lot is part of the same lot that someone else mentioned was owned by the Marriott... only the western part is fenced though.

As far as the fencing and construction equipment though... that stuff is old news and isn't indicative of construction crews moving in to start a new tower.

Nah.

I'm thinking it might be too early for that. Seems that this is one of those speculative deals, like the Turnberry was around this time last year. Hopefully more concrete details will emerge over the coming months.

I would have thought that if someone leaked the news (press release), usually a schematic will exist, maybe it was just a blurb.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
HBJ reports that a new set of twins are in the works for Uptown Houston. We have the 40-story Four Leaf Towers; but in the works now is a set of twins 35 stories tall. Any of you guys have renderings? This will definitely impact Uptown Houston's already cool skyline. I wanna see ......

I've always liked the twin building concept in Uptown, Galleria.

• 1 month later...

Has anybody heard of the Whiteco Residential Towers to be built in the Galleria area? If so, forgive this thread. In case nobody knows, they are supposed to be two 35 story residential towers built at the corner of Westheimer and Sage. Construction was to begin this year.

Does anyone know why twin towers have taken off in the Galleria/Uptown area and not in other parts of town?

Hmmm, just how many sets of twin towers are there currently Uptown? I can think of one residential set (Four Leaf Towers) and one office set (on the east side of the loop). Elsewhere in town I can think of one residential set currently under construction (the Mosaic) and one office set (Pennzoil).

Four Leaf Towers

the old Park Towers on the Eastside of the West Loop

Four Oaks Place, two twins with a taller in the middle

Hines' Post Oak Central (not technically twins but 3 very similar buildings)

the second Mercer if it ever gets built

I can't think of anything else.

Four Leaf Towers

the old Park Towers on the Eastside of the West Loop

Four Oaks Place, two twins with a taller in the middle

Hines' Post Oak Central (not technically twins but 3 very similar buildings)

the second Mercer if it ever gets built

I can't think of anything else.

I always thought the two Resdiential Towers next to Uptown Park looked very similar. Also, the two Hotel Towers in the Galleria are twins.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey guys... Don't hate me for resurrecting this thread. It's been well over a year and I was hoping maybe someone had some kind of new information on this project. Our community toes the property line with this proposed ... monstrosity. I guess I really struggle to see how ONE building, let alone TWO can fit onto the JW's auxiliary parking. If anyone's noticed, they re-did their lot to separate it from the rest of the lot. It's been significantly reduced in size and is raised above the remaining portion of the lot. I don't know what they're thinking really. There's no way Brownway can handle the traffic that would come with the 600-some residents that would live here...

Highway6 - apparently you're my neighbor. :)

Edit:

Well, I've done a little of my own digging since then. This transaction must've only been done this year. There is no HCAD record for 2007, but there is one currently pending under the Whiteco name:

WR SAGE WEST LP

1000 E 80TH PL STE 700

MERRILLVILLE IN 46410-5608

http://www.hcad.org/records/details.asp?ta...t=1303930010002

Edited by Kirzania