M5250: Gables Multifamily At 5250 Brownway St.

Lookin' for links to this .... I was wondering if that is the area where the "42 story" skyrise was going to be built, but rather, did they opt for two 35s or if the 42 is still going to be built with the twins at another Post Oak Boulevard location. We need INFORMATION on this one. H e l p . . . .......

Edited by houstonfella

strange thread, anyway

first few sentences, need a subscription for the rest

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto.../19/story2.html

condos by Whiteco Residential LLC

Those few sentences don't sound like BLVD Place, in fact they mention the owners of Dominion Post Oak as the company that's pushing these towers. Also, they mention the fact that these will be apartments and not condos, as I believe is listed for Blvd Place.

Looks like we've got more towers going up in Uptown! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Edited by Gary

The article reveals some interesting things;

1) These two towers will go up on the corner of Sage and Westheimer on land that is currently surface parking for the JW Marriott and the Walgreens. That is good news.

2) The towers are not set in stone. The article says they might build 3 but they will start with two that MIGHT go as tall as 35 floors.

3) Additionally, the articles states that 800 condos will be part of the BLVD Place development

4) Finally, it states that Turnberry is planning on building a 38 story tower. Original reports states it would be 42. Later, rumors came out it had been cut down to 34. Seems like they met in the middle!

Whiteco developed the Dominion in Uptown, which is 92% leased. They also own land at 1900 Holcombe near the Med Center and rumors swirled about a year ago that they were planning on a 30 story apartment tower there... Maybe Baylor's new hospital will persuade them to go forward?

I saw an ad in last Sunday's paper for the 'Cosmopolitan' going up at 1600 Post Oak. Could that be it?

From the picture it only appears to be one tower.

No way is that it, but nice try . . . :rolleyes:

strange thread, anyway

first few sentences, need a subscription for the rest

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto.../19/story2.html

condos by Whiteco Residential LLC

Maybe that is the lot next to the McDonalds, that area is in a going high rise condo section of uptown, great place for infill.

4) Finally, it states that Turnberry is planning on building a 38 story tower. Original reports states it would be 42. Later, rumors came out it had been cut down to 34. Seems like they met in the middle!

Damn, why is that article subscription only, and how in the world does a building lose and gain floors like that.

And really, what the hell is that short building by the water wall serve it's purpose for anyways.

So many question now. . . damn you HBJ! :blink:

1) These two towers will go up on the corner of Sage and Westheimer on land that is currently surface parking for the JW Marriott and the Walgreens. That is good news.

2) The towers are not set in stone. The article says they might build 3 but they will start with two that MIGHT go as tall as 35 floors.

3) Additionally, the articles states that 800 condos will be part of the BLVD Place development

Whiteco developed the Dominion in Uptown, which is 92% leased. They also own land at 1900 Holcombe near the Med Center and rumors swirled about a year ago that they were planning on a 30 story apartment tower there... Maybe Baylor's new hospital will persuade them to go forward?

So let me get this straight, this project is seperate from the twin towers of BLVD PLace.

So in Uptown's future, we might see.....

1. Twin 35 story towers constructed

2. BLVD PLace twin towers constructed

3. Turnberry 38-story tower constructed

If all this comes to fruition, thats 5 significant new towers added to the Uptown skyline.

Ladies and gentlemen - It might be time to start photoshoping what the future could look like in Uptown.

So let me get this straight, this project is seperate from the twin towers of BLVD PLace.

So in Uptown's future, we might see.....

1. Twin 35 story towers constructed

2. BLVD PLace twin towers constructed

3. Turnberry 38-story tower constructed

If all this comes to fruition, thats 5 significant new towers added to the Uptown skyline.

Ladies and gentlemen - It might be time to start photoshoping what the future could look like in Uptown.

Unfortunately, we have no renderings of the Turnberry project of the new twin tower one.

Thanks for the info Kinkaid.

I've always wondered why there weren't more highrises on the western stretch of Westheimer near the Galleria. Land is available and it would really be a "hot" location. If Kinkaid Alum's intepretations are true, then this would finally tap into that part of Uptown.

Also:

They're clearing land behind the former Eatzi's on San Felipe. Anybody know for what purpose exactly are they doing this?

I've always wondered why there weren't more highrises on the western stretch of Westheimer near the Galleria. Land is available and it would really be a "hot" location. If Kinkaid Alum's intepretations are true, then this would finally tap into that part of Uptown.

Also:

They're clearing land behind the former Eatzi's on San Felipe. Anybody know for what purpose exactly are they doing this?

Umm...

BLVD place? might be a little discussion we've held here and there.

This parcel is directly across Sage (West) from the Hotel Intercontinental. Great news, another defiled parking lot.
A 38-story condo tower planned by Florida-based Turnberry Associates also waits in the wings just south of the Galleria between Hidalgo and West Alabama.

Nope. Hotel Intercontinental is on 2222 W. Loop.

Currently at the spot where I THINK it's going to be built on is a parking lot for the church right next door to the Hotel Indigo and the Embassy Suites hotel across from Macy's.

As land become more valuable in the area, I wonder if that strip center on Sage (between W. Alabama and Westhiemer) is going to be priced out and built up?

BTW: If someone has enough info on this new tower, I think a new topic thread should be started...or not..

Nope. Hotel Intercontinental is on 2222 W. Loop.

Currently at the spot where I THINK it's going to be built on is a parking lot for the church right next door to the Hotel Indigo and the Embassy Suites hotel across from Macy's.

As land become more valuable in the area, I wonder if that strip center on Sage (between W. Alabama and Westhiemer) is going to be priced out and built up?

BTW: If someone has enough info on this new tower, I think a new topic thread should be started...or not..

What was i thinking. I'm talking about the JW Marriot at Westeimer at Sage. The lot that the article is speaking of, is directly West (across Sage) in the Walgreens parking lot.