Cage Cotton Company At 1010 Texas Ave.

ricco67

I nothing people going in and out of this place earlier this morning. is anything going on with this property?

for those not familiar with the location; its fannin @ texas, across from the magnolia hotel where the shamrock was supposed to be erected.

• Like 1

I nothing people going in and out of this place earlier this morning. is anything going on with this property?

for those not familiar with the location; its fannin @ texas, across from the magnolia hotel where the shamrock was supposed to be erected.

So, maybe the Shamrock lives, too.........?

geez...that's what you get when you're using the PDA spell check.

I meant to say:

"I noticed people going in and out..."

actually, I think it is the one with the fence. I happened by a few times and I saw people going in and out and thought it was peculiar.

While the building is cool looking overall, the first two floors is in need of some serious alterations to make it look nice.

As far as shamrock living, I have no idea, maybe they are looking at other options? Demo? Lofts?

I remember a blimpie's being in there years ago.

I only know that about 2 years ago they were supposed to build a huge beautiful modern skyscraper either there or next door on Main/Texas. Last I heard plans were scrapped red tape, etc.

What a shame, it looked really fantastic. There was even a trailor there with the representatives to answer questions about rentals. I bet the Houston Downtown Alliance knows whats up.

www.downtownhouston.org

I only know that about 2 years ago they were supposed to build a huge beautiful modern skyscraper either there or next door on Main/Texas. Last I heard plans were scrapped red tape, etc.

What a shame, it looked really fantastic. There was even a trailor there with the representatives to answer questions about rentals. I bet the Houston Downtown Alliance knows whats up.

www.downtownhouston.org

Shamrock won't happen. Texas Tower (the building on that block -- on the SW corner of Texas & Fannin) continues to be marketed, with people walking the building. Best if a developer takes the 3/4 block and the building, takes the bldg down and builds a high-rise residential tower.

Shamrock won't happen. Texas Tower (the building on that block -- on the SW corner of Texas & Fannin) continues to be marketed, with people walking the building. Best if a developer takes the 3/4 block and the building, takes the bldg down and builds a high-rise residential tower.

Welcome to the board.

The Shamrock is obviously not going to happen.

I'm curious what was happening at 1010 Texas. I was just wondering what was happening there.

• 1 year later...

I must say that this area of downtown took my breath away last night, as I drove through. The night lights were beautiful. Beats the way it used to look in the 70's. The Texaco bldg. at 720 San Jacinto St. (1915) Warren & Wetmore stood out to me. AIA Architectural Guide says: (B-29)

"Fine example of classical architectural detail applied to a multistory office block". "...The building makes its most notable contribution at ground level, where sidewalks are sheltered beneath grand limestone arcades supported on paired limestone columns armored with bronze bumper guards bearing the Texaco star. The arcades are vaulted with Guastavino tiles." :wub:

The Rice Hotel was it's usual beautiful self.

I was surprised how busy that area was for a wed. night, the Flying Saucer was packed.

Edited by NenaE

• The title was changed to Cage Cotton Company At 1010 Texas Ave.