"God" cut out of airline movies

editor

If you're flying these days, keep a close ear on the audio in the movies on board. They've started cutting the word "God" out of movies, even when it's historical footage.

United: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=651694

American: http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=646349

Continental: http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=647983

Another item to paste in your Culture War scrapbook.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you're flying these days, keep a close ear on the audio in the movies on board. They've started cutting the word "God" out of movies, even when it's historical footage.

This is going overboard! It's freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion.

Good Lord, why did they think that was a good idea? Now we are going to have to listen to Bill O'Reilly go on and on and on and on and on and on.....

Actually, a lot of the lawsuits you see along these lines are brought or sponsored by an organization out of Madison, Wisconsin called the Freedom From Religion Foundation. I won't link to them here. They don't deserve the PR.

Which "God"?

Wow, I wonder how far America is willing to bend over to remove God from our lexicon? What kind of message does this send to our enemies?

You clearly are offended by a capitalistic corporation's decision to censure the content on their product. Were you equally offended that they censured out references to homosexuality?

Wow, I wonder how far America is willing to bend over to remove God from our lexicon? What kind of message does this send to our enemies?

As long as there are nuts who try to shove it in the wrong places, there will be nuts trying to take it out of the right places. Two nuts don't make a right, but one deserves the other.

I'm not an atheist, but I will take freedom FROM religion at times too. I think cutting it from movies is overboard, but there are times I don't want to hear 'the message'.

You're not serious are you? What kinda message does it send to our 'enemies' ...? You really think our enemies (whoever and wherever they are) care if we say God on an airline movie?

I am more concerned about the government protecting me from deadly lettuce and spinach and beef, than Al Qaeda.

Don't get played.

Which "God"?

You clearly are offended by a capitalistic corporation's decision to censure the content on their product. Were you equally offended that they censured out references to homosexuality?

Probably not. I think that is one word (the shame, the horror of two same-sex people .. in love ...or worse yet ... having sex!) a lot of Americans wish would just go away. I doubt a lot of people would stand up to keep those references.

Which "God"?

I'm sorry, we are speaking of religion here, are we not? Not sexual preference.

In regard to your first statement, yes, I am offended. Thanks for noticing! :D

You're not serious are you? What kinda message does it send to our 'enemies' ...? You really think our enemies (whoever and wherever they are) care if we say God on an airline movie?

Don't get played.

You're the one getting played, if you don't think our enemies (and, um, Al Qaeda is but one of our enemies.) notice news clips like this and use it against us. The more we remove God, the more secular we become. That does not bode well for us. I mean, hell, just look at England, France, and Australia. They are having their share of issues with Muslims demanding Allah be in everything that was once credited to God. No real coincidence there, and we are headed down the same path.

I am more concerned about the government protecting me from deadly lettuce and spinach and beef, than Al Qaeda.

Wow. :blink:

Wow. :blink:

No kidding...

Where did that quote you replied "wow" to come from?

My friend was flying from LAX or Burbank (can't remember) to Phoenix a couple weeks ago and a muslim man who was on the No Fly list was taken off in cuffs.

I'm sure the govt. is protecting us a lot more than we think.

They are having their share of issues with Muslims demanding Allah be in everything that was once credited to God.

Allah is arabic for god. Muslims, Jews and Christians share him. You might sound smarter if you studied your cult a little better.

Allah is arabic for god. Muslims, Jews and Christians share him. You might sound smarter if you studied your cult a little better.

Did you seriously call someone's religion a "cult?" Talk about disrespectful. I guess it's ok to disrespect someone's faith but not their sexual preference? Sounds hypocritical to me.

Did you seriously call someone's religion a "cult?" Talk about disrespectful. I guess it's ok to disrespect someone's faith but not their sexual preference? Sounds hypocritical to me.

I don't know if by defenition the Muslim Religion is a cult, but if it fits the definition, it is what it is. It's not being judgmental or belittling it.

Answers.com:

1. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
  2. The followers of such a religion or sect.

Yes I did. A cult-or faith if you choose to use that term-is choosen. Sexual orientation is not.

I don't know if by defenition the Muslim Religion is a cult, but if it fits the definition, it is what it is. It's not being judgmental or belittling it.

Answers.com:

1. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
  2. The followers of such a religion or sect.

Hmmm when i look at answers.com it says......

Mus

Reasoning does not compute. If the god of the bible is not the god of the koran, there would be at least two gods, Therefore, there is more than one god.

The Muslim God is not the same as the Jewish/Christian G-D. For Jews and Christians, we follow the G-D of Abraham-Isaac and Jacob.

I think it is silly to remove the word from films.

Reasoning does not compute. If the god of the bible is not the god of the koran, there would be at least two gods, Therefore, there is more than one god.

When I said in reality, I meant in real life; in actuality. Of course those are my beliefs based off unrelative, absolute truth.

The Muslim God is not the same as the Jewish/Christian G-D. For Jews and Christians, we follow the G-D of Abraham-Isaac and Jacob.

I think it is silly to remove the word from films.

Therefore there is more than one god.

I agree it is silly but like I say, one nut begets another.

Archived