Fairfield Towne Center

ctfunderburk

I noticed the new Simon Property sign in front of Fairfield today right past Mason Rd.

The sign indicates an 800,000 sq ft retail center coming with phase 1 due to be completed between the fall of 2008 and spring of 2009.

Does anybody have more information about this new development?

This is what the City of Houston has their eyes on with regards to their Limited Annexation proposals to the area MUDs.

I hope they (the MUDs) don't sellout. They'll be better off retaining their sovereignty should Cypress incorporate.

There's also a Mall planned for that area.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm also curious as to what the Fairfield Towne Center will be. I sure hate to see a retail development so close to home.

Fairfield Towne Center will be a large "upscale outlet mall" similar to the one in Round Rock, TX with Ralph Lauren, Coach, etc. Simon also owns the outlet mall in Orlando closest to WDW if you are familiar with it.

I spoke to the manager of Fairfield at Friendswood Development who confirmed that is was an outlet mall and he was the one who told me it would be similar to the one in Round Rock.

If that's the case it MAY look similar to this. This is the one in round Rock. It is run by Chelsea Property Group, a branch of Simon Property Group.

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=73

I know it isn't continuous now, that is why I said "will go that far north."

Just remembered looking at this one thing TheNiche gave me for road construction, and it will be continuous from FM 1093 to US 290. Fry Road is just as long, too.

Is this going to be between Mason Rd and Fairfield Pl, and 290 and cypresswood? I guess I need to drive by and find the sign.

If they ever get the commuter rail line built and extended out to College Station, this would be a good place to put a station. Even though there would also be one at the Cypress Park and Ride (Cypress Village Station).

Here's an info sheet with a map of the current (and proposed) developments in this area along with the proposed routing of the Grand Parkway through the area. It also features demographic info:

Demographic Data for Cypress (290 @ Mueschke)

Radius - Population - Avg HH Income

1 mile - 2,081 - $103,969

3 mile - 18,499 - $108,207

5 mile - 45,719 - $110,197

• 1 month later...

I thought I read that Fairfield Towne Center was 800k sq ft development -IN ADDITION- to the 400k sq foot upscale outlet mall that was being developed. I've already seen a tenant list of the upscale outlets. My question is, if all of those are included in the 400ksq ft, then what will be coming with the additional 800k sq ft in fairfield towne center. Did I understand this wrong?

I thought I read that Fairfield Towne Center was 800k sq ft development -IN ADDITION- to the 400k sq foot upscale outlet mall that was being developed. I've already seen a tenant list of the upscale outlets. My question is, if all of those are included in the 400ksq ft, then what will be coming with the additional 800k sq ft in fairfield towne center. Did I understand this wrong?

From what I heard, Fairfield Towne Center will be more "lifestyle" stores similar to Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc found at Cypress Towne Center on 290 and Spring Cypress. Kohl's is the one that I heard was a confirmed tenant and expect a LInen's and Things. Also heard a Sonic drive-in...cuz I guess you just can't get enough of those!

It's alot further than 10 minutes away (unless you drive 90mph)

PV from 2920 is about 7-8 minutes. Fairfield to 2920 is at least 15 minutes away. I drive to Brenham everyday and sometimes I go back all the way to the Randall's on BC.

Okay then, fifteen minutes. I always thought it was ten minutes, but regardless, it is becoming a shorter drive every year.

The brochure said the median income was $77,000. Why did it change?

The Brochure you're referring to was provided by Simon and it encompassed their entire Houston market (30-mile radius), which evidently has a median income of $77,000 which differs from the local demographics at (listed above) 1, 3 and 5-mile radius.

I dunno, I'd say anything over $80k is usually considered pretty good. Over $100k is terrific. Of course, these days $100k doesn't get you much. When taken across a sample of tens of thousands, it means that its a pretty solid demographic from a consumer standpoint.

Archived