Ryland In Long Meadow Farms, Also Realtor And Schools

descovy

Ok, we think we have found the perfect house for us (4br, study, gameroom and dining) .... looking for any input on the builder/neighborhood before we show "official" interest

Also... school... it is Lamar Consolidated, at first I had my heart set on Katy ISD and Cinco Ranch area but the elem school (frost) shows as exemplary (we already have 2 in school)

Also, for building a home did you use a realtor? Was it of any benefit? We have contacted a realtor (dave flory) to sell our $100k home in Cypress and wondering if we should ask him to represent us in buying a $200k home in Richmond... would it be worth our while?

Ok, this time for real, we think we have found the perfect house .... looking for any input on the builder/neighborhood before we show "official" interest

Also... school... it is Lamar Consolidated, at first I had my heart set on Katy ISD and Cinco Ranch area but the elem school (frost) shows as exemplary (we already have 2 in school)

Also, for building a home did you use a realtor? Was it of any benefit? We have contacted a realtor (dave flory) to sell our $100k home in Cypress and wondering if we should ask him to represent us in buying a $200k home in Richmond... would it be worth our while?

It is free for you to use Dave's services to get into your new house, so I'd definitely work with him on that end as well. He is a seasoned agent and can help you possibly get upgrades and other perks you may not be able to get on your own. Though he is paid by the builder, his loyalty is to you.

Good luck!

Long meadow farms is a great and growing neighborhood. Lamar Consolidated does not have the best press, but I do know Frost, teachers, and the principal there. Great school.

Here is my bit about using realtors. I believe a good realtor is is worth a lot. They help you clarify your needs, narrow your search, and help you find the right home. Also, they can search comps to figure out what's reasonable in terms of offers, ask the right questions, and ensure you get the most desirable features for your home.

However, Builders pay realtors for introducing them to their neighborhood, the builder and the home. If you have already done all that...if you were the builder, why would you pay that realtor? If you are a good negotiator, know about homes, you can probably do this on your own. Large companies like Ryland have good processes in line. Remember, 3% is paid to the realtor which directly affects their bottom line. If you were selling your own home, would you be more flexible on pricing if you didnt have to pay an additional 3%?

I dont know David Flory, but he has a great reputation.

My two cents...

• The title was changed to Ryland In Long Meadow Farms, Also Realtor And Schools