interesting how one of the hockey teams in Canada is the Canucks! (and they don't seem to mind)

Perhaps we should rename the soccer team here the "Santa Ana's"! I'm sure that's not offensive to the proud Texans who live here!

This is a GREAT article on 1836, the year and the name....

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/disp/story...nt/3695327.html

...take it as you may

according to this article which is a few weeks old:

Houston media outlets are reporting tonight that the new MLS franchise in the city will be renamed the "Lone Stars."

but the last article DJ posted said the name would be announced within days, and that was from the Chron on the 2nd.

i really hope its not the Lone Stars...

Edited by skwatra

Yo Kim, R U a soccer/football fan?

More of a Rockets and Astros fan, but I support the Texans, too, and I will no doubt support our soccer team as well. When it comes to sports it's all Houston and only Houston for me.

Will the soccer games broadcast local TV or the radio?

Edited by KimberlySayWhat

More of a Rockets and Astros fan, but I support the Texans, too, and I will no doubt support our soccer team as well. When it comes to sports it's all Houston and only Houston for me.

Will the soccer games broadcast local TV or the radio?

I'm da same way:) Except for soccer, when I cheer on the USA team. It's home, too:)

I guess now that the name's FINALLY out the way, the next two things to watch is how much Houston supports the team in attendance, and the details and location of Houston Dynamo's new stadium in the future.

it's official the new team name is the Houston Dynamo. damn that sux could be worse but i really liked the 1836. Dynamo is hokey

well you know, myself as a white soccer fan was pretty excited about this team and pumped about going to some games. And i play in a mens league game every week so i know the deographics of who plays this sport. but honestly i may be turned off by this now, not the name of the team, but i feel the team now belongs to the hispanic community and i am not alone.

they have now alienated a lot of people the other way.

i am probably being ridiculous but you know what i think it will have an effect and judging by some of the comments just on this website, people are pissed

Another thing the timing of the press release is insensitive and insulting to all Texans. Today is March 6 and in 1836 was the day the Alamo fell to the Mexican Army led by Santa Anna.

Edited by westguy76

Now that everyone on all sides has registered their self-righteous indignation, maybe we could get on with playing some Soccer.

Not hispanic soccer.

Not "white" soccer.

Just plain ol' "Houston finally has a MLS team" soccer.

B)

Old Houston Dynamos logo:

new_pa3.jpg

New Houston Dynamo logo:

5386674_36_2.jpg

dynamos.jpg

My idea...btw, lose the little soccer ball, add a building in the background and/or put something houston related. Make the logo unique!

Perhaps it made the logo a bit too busy.

(the lower part of the screen would be a soccer ball) but then again that's what I get for being an artist who wants to mess with someone's logo!! ;-P

I didn't design the Dynamos logos but I wish it was a teeeeensie weeeensie better!

Edited by BayouCityGirl

Is that supposed to be the downtown skyline behind the word Dynamo? If it is, they should tweak that a bit more. It looks like Anytown, USA.

Is/was there really a pro soccer team called Real Salt Lake? If so, now that's about the worst team name ever.

Edited by KimberlySayWhat