They're gonna put the poor beer vendors out of a job.

We used to be on a first-name basis with some of those guys...now they don't even say hello.

Hell, I think I put one of their kids through college.

Or at least some Vocational school.

I watched a couple of games on TV when I was able to stumble onto it.

I wonder how Soccer beer tastes? Gods, I hope it ain't just bud light.

Beer: The OTHER white meat.

Just curious how Houston's gonna be next weekend. Will it be business as usual, or a crazy party and buzz heading into the MLS Cup? And will the bars be packed and downtown be ready to party for the hometown boys, or will people downplay it and keep up the wishful thinking that we'd wait until Super Bowl 2007 for Texans to win the Super Bowl until we partied down, even though they're 2-5?

Just curious how Houston's gonna be next weekend. Will it be business as usual, or a crazy party and buzz heading into the MLS Cup? And will the bars be packed and downtown be ready to party for the hometown boys, or will people downplay it and keep up the wishful thinking that we'd wait until Super Bowl 2007 for Texans to win the Super Bowl until we partied down, even though they're 2-5?

While there is some excitement on this board for the Dynamo, myself included. I don't think the vast majority of Houston even realizes that there was a game played last night. I doubt there will be any hype leading up to the game this weekend. I do hope we win though, just to find out. Plus, a Houston team winning a championship in Dallas sprawl-land would be sweet!

I am going to Dallas to watch the UH vs. SMU game on saturday and am now staying over to catch the Dynamo the next day. From what I can tell, quite a few Houston Cougar supporters are doing the same thing.

As an aside, was the UH band at the game last night? I know they've gone to a couple of Dynamo games and I could have sworn I heard a pep band playing a lot of the typical UH Spirt of Houstom Marching Band songs.

As an aside, was the UH band at the game last night? I know they've gone to a couple of Dynamo games and I could have sworn I heard a pep band playing a lot of the typical UH Spirt of Houstom Marching Band songs.

I'm pretty sure the UH band was there, or at least a UH pep band. I watched a little bit of the game, and the "Eat 'Em Up" was definitely being played. I wonder what the Dynamo crowd's supposed to cheer for that one?

"Eat 'em up,

eat 'em up,

Go Dy-na-mo!"

???

:blink::P

BTW, I'll be there at the UH-SMU game in Dallas this weekend as well.

I thought it was very cool that both the Coogs* and the Dynamo won their respective Western Conference/Division Championships this weekend at Robertson. A very good weekend for the ol' Rob.

*note: the Coogs haven't technically won the Western Division of CUSA yet, but they're in the drivers' seat. Win the next two (@SMU, @Memphis), both games that we'll be favored in, and we win the CUSA Western Division, AND we host the CUSA Championship Game at Robertson on December 1.

Thats's just so's you Dynamo fans know...if you miss the Robertson experience, or just want to relive some glory there, come on out to the CUSA Championship game on Friday, December 1st!!!

Why was the name changed?1836 is a whole lot better than the Dynamo!

read the first page of this thread.

i'll be wearing my 1836 shirt as well. unless i get a jersey by then, but i've been having a hard time finding one. anyone know some place that sells them locally?

It's cool Houston won.

But it speak volumes about the "sport" of soccer when it has to be decided penalty kicks.

Why even play? Might as well just have a penalty kick derby and get it over with.

What a pointless sport.

We haven't had a championship since 1995 with the Rockets! So glad!

Rice Owl baseball would beg to differ.

It's cool Houston won.

But it speak volumes about the "sport" of soccer when it has to be decided penalty kicks.

Why even play? Might as well just have a penalty kick derby and get it over with.

What a pointless sport.

Rice Owl baseball would beg to differ.

Never has someone so succinctly expressed my feelings about this game. Good post.

It's cool Houston won.

What a pointless sport.

Yeah, kinda like American football. Did you see the Texans/Jags today? Each team scored once, but the Texans won with 2 kicks to 1.

What a pointless sport, huh?

Edited by RedScare

WHAT A GAME!!!! That Ching goal came out of nowhere, didn't it?!

Though the whole game was world-class, the best part of the game was the fans. It was beautiful watching ABC and seeing at least 10,000 of the 20,000 at that sold-out stadium wearing orange. And the orange smoke bombs were funny as hell :lol:

When's the last time you've EVER seen more than 10,000 fans from Houston travel to another major city one of our teams? And when was the last time you've ever seen a stadium over 200 miles away dominated by Houston fans on international television? During the game, it was mentioned that the game was being broadcasted in over 100 countries.

I'm pround of my team. 1st stop- Dynamo. Next stop - Dynasty!!!

It's cool Houston won.

What a pointless sport.

Don't forget:

In american football OT, they play until the first team scores, Regardless as to how much time is left.

What a useless sport. :)

That's why I'm a baseball, Hockey, and Soccer fan. :)

Edited by ricco67