A young lady's fight for those with AIDS

nmainguy

This is an email I recieved from my sister today regarding her daughter's campaign:

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share with you a project that Jennifer and 2 of her friends have been hard at work on. She and her friends approached the principal of their school (Cy-Fair High School) about the possibility of having a benefit concert to raise funds for the AIDS Foundation of Houston. This is a cause that has been important to Jennifer for several years and her passion must have been obvious to the principal because she gave them the green light to organize the benefit, which they have named Red Alert and will be held on Friday night, March 9th at Cy Fair High School.

Attached is a link to the

Coincidentally, today is Black HIV/AIDS Awareness day.

From the Philadelphia Daily News:

"Blacks are getting walloped especially hard. Even though African-Americans make up less than 14 percent of the population, we account for roughly half of all new AIDs cases. AIDS is the leading cause of death for African-American women between the ages of 25 and 34. Astonishing, huh? Not heart disease. Not cancer. Not even violence. But AIDS."

Link to full article

Jennifer and her friends' compassion and initiative are admirable. You must be very proud of her.

This is an email I recieved from my sister today regarding her daughter's campaign:

Jenn is an exceptional young lady. She has been an advocate for her uncles and those like us that have been infected with HIV. She has endured the ridicule of those who have lambasted her convictions and has been the beneficiary of those that understand her motives. All she is asking for is a little help.

Sometimes the wisdom of the young is lost on us. Let us all try to make sure this is one of the times a young lady's sincere appeal is not tossed aside.

Wow....that is so awesome to hear stuff like this. Makes me feel great about my choice to move to Houston soon. Way to go, Jennifer!!

Archived