First American Bank Corporate Headquarters

aggie0083

I don't know if this has been posted before, but now that this building's first 8 stories have been constructed and is visiable in many parts of the city I thought it might be worthy of this site.

"First American Bank has broken ground on a new corporate headquarters to be located in College Station, Texas. The 290,000 square foot, ten-story building will be the corporate home for First American

The Bryan side is called Park Hudson, and has the Physician's Centre office complex, Decision One, a few medical office buildings, a large luxury apartment complex(Signature Park), a high-end residential area, Park Meadow, and will soon be home to a branch of First National Bank.

Don Adam built his headquarters on the College Station side simply to spite the City of Bryan for going through with the Traditions project in west Bryan, which competes with his Miramont development in the east.

In some type of deal with the City of C.S., Adam agreed to build a long-awaited convention center and hotel near his headquarters. What is the status of that project?

The Bryan side is called Park Hudson, and has the Physician's Centre office complex, Decision One, a few medical office buildings, a large luxury apartment complex(Signature Park), a high-end residential area, Park Meadow, and will soon be home to a branch of First National Bank.

Don Adam built his headquarters on the College Station side simply to spite the City of Bryan for going through with the Traditions project in west Bryan, which competes with his Miramont development in the east.

In some type of deal with the City of C.S., Adam agreed to build a long-awaited convention center and hotel near his headquarters. What is the status of that project?

Interesting information Scotch.

The most recent information I have heard on the Convention Center was that it was put on hold again because TAC Reality backed out of he deal and now CS is looking again for a finacial backer. Maybe this will allow them to find a better location for the center, closer to the university or a more developed area.

Here's an article:

"Eagle 11/18/04

College Station City Council members heard an update Wednesday on the city

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Update:

FAB.JPG

Also, when I was out in the area I noticed that there is a sign across the street for a 5 or 6 story "First National Bank" to be built.

Yeah on the Bryan side! That building should have also been on the Bryan side. But that is OK all of Bryan/College Station is my home!

Is it just me or are they constructing the facade from the top down?
Looks like they skipped floors 1 through 4 and are working on 5 through 11 instead... from the rendering at the top of the page it looks like the first few stories are a different material.
Yeah on the Bryan side! That building should have also been on the Bryan side. But that is OK all of Bryan/College Station is my home!

Do you know anything about the Chase Bank being built at the corner of Texas and Holleman. Is it supose to be a multi-story?

I still think the Adams building should have been build in the city instead of the middle of nowhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah there is a Hospital, the third largest Hospital in Brazos County. The Hospital building is only 3 stories tall though. To the left of that picture there is a lot of new development. To the right is the tall building shown at the top of this thread.

I have more pictures on here that I took: http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...wtopic=2916&hl=

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The word on the street is that one of the reasons progress on the Adam building has slowed down quite a bit is that the general contractor didn't order all of the marble up front and now the supplier can't match what's there. Mr. Adam has approved another type but from what I've heard the builder is already in the penalty phase with fines as high as $10,000 per day. That seems pretty high and kind of quick for that building to have been completed but who knows. When you have as much $ as Mr. Adam I suppose you want things as quickly as possible. Another rumor I've heard repeatedly is that the building is leaning slightly. It was engineered to sink slightly as it was completed but that for some reason it leaned more to one side...at least thats what I've been told. I just want to know what the lease rates are going to be there when its finally completed. The rates in my office building just went up to $1.35 a foot and that already seems high for B/CS and we're in a 30 year old bank building that is no where in vicinity as nice as Adam's deal.

The word on the street is that one of the reasons progress on the Adam building has slowed down quite a bit is that the general contractor didn't order all of the marble up front and now the supplier can't match what's there. Mr. Adam has approved another type but from what I've heard the builder is already in the penalty phase with fines as high as $10,000 per day. That seems pretty high and kind of quick for that building to have been completed but who knows. When you have as much $ as Mr. Adam I suppose you want things as quickly as possible. Another rumor I've heard repeatedly is that the building is leaning slightly. It was engineered to sink slightly as it was completed but that for some reason it leaned more to one side...at least thats what I've been told. I just want to know what the lease rates are going to be there when its finally completed. The rates in my office building just went up to $1.35 a foot and that already seems high for B/CS and we're in a 30 year old bank building that is no where in vicinity as nice as Adam's deal.

To me it looks like its leaning, but I really like that building, it looks nice when your on highway 6 and you can see it in the distance.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
I doubt it.

The equipment was seemingly abandoned, though there were a number of trucks and workers behind this building working on another project.

Living in Tiffany Park, I drive by this building almost every day. To be fair, I do occasionally see people out there, and the equipment and stuff outside the building seems to change occasionally, but there is no sign of any progress on the building itself. Who knows what they're doing.

Now, the area right around it (Crescent Pointe) is really moving along. Several lots have been cleared, several foundations poured, and at least one building (I think for a law office) seems to be coming along quite fast. At this rate, all the development in Crescent Pointe will be finished before this building ever is.

Archived