Anyone Else Concerned About This In The Woodlands

KatieDidIt

That transition will be spelled out in the legislation, since state law prohibits sitting board members from being removed before their term is complete. The board now consists of five elected members as well as appointed representatives from The Woodlands Community Association homeowners board, The Woodlands Association homeowners board, The Woodlands Commercial Owners Association, Montgomery County Precinct 3 and the cities of Shenandoah and Oak Ridge North. Five positions will expire in 2008 and will then come up for election. The remaining six positions will expire in 2010, and two of those slots will open for elections at that time.

That sounds perfectly efficient to me.

also, this was spelled out in the "agreement" with the city of houston. there's going to be an overreaching governmental authority whichever way we look at it. it might as well be an organization that already exists and one that has local community leaders in place. i believe that future positions in the governing body will most likely be elected rather than appointed.

the new community of creekside and college park may not be so fortunate as the one's under TCID.

Considering that this board will have representation from The Woodlands Community Association homeowners board, The Woodlands Association homeowners board, The Woodlands Commercial Owners Association, Montgomery County Precinct 3 and the cities of Shenandoah and Oak Ridge North along with five members elected by the people of The Woodlands, I believe that they are perfectly fit to govern The Woodlands.

Considering that this board will have representation from The Woodlands Community Association homeowners board, The Woodlands Association homeowners board, The Woodlands Commercial Owners Association, Montgomery County Precinct 3 and the cities of Shenandoah and Oak Ridge North along with five members elected by the people of The Woodlands, I believe that they are perfectly fit to govern The Woodlands.

I have reservations about this. I attended ameeting recently and was not happy with the the behavior of one or two members. There ihas been insufficient representation in the elections, much lower than would be in a city election. We are talking about a different beast here, not some volunteers who have less time than needed to get the job done properly.

• The title was changed to Anyone Else Concerned About This In The Woodlands

Archived