Regent Square: Mixed-Use On Allen Parkway At Dunlavy St.

Travel_n_Transport

Heading there now. Are we absolutely sure these are new designs? It's difficult to tell but it looks like all the pre-recession elements that we've seen before.

He is talking about the model, not the renderings. But it still looks fairly close to the old design, but looks like it is a possibility.

What is the location of alamo draft house?

These are very rough estimates on layout and size but the Alamodraft House is the red box, the new apartment highrise is the orange box, and the Sovereign is the blue box, just to give some perspective.

14487663083_3dd1bfedc5_b.jpg

Screenshot 2014-06-20 13.25.43 by marclongoria, on Flickr

14467273215_86cc2a7cee_h.jpg

2014-06-20 12.09.30 by marclongoria, on Flickr

• Like 1

Triton, first, awesome recon mission :D

Second the drafthouse and midrise should be moved over. They will be on the corner of brand new street. Right now you have them in the middle of what is a cemetery which isn't owned by the developer.

• Like 1

To be honest, yeah its bit of a loss, but come on guys look what is still there o.o. Officially my fav development moving forward! Not to mention that cramming that highrise condo just across the street from that large cemetery was kind of awkward.

Edited by Luminare

Thanks everyone! And thanks, Urbannizer, for letting us know!

As for what will be constructed first of the next phase early next year, the Regent Square representative told me it will likely be the Alamo Drafthouse, park square, amenities building near the square, and apartment highrise area all along Dallas St starting first.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! And thanks, Urbannizer, for letting us know!

As for what will be constructed first of the next phase early next year, the Regent Square representative told me it will likely be the Alamo Drafthouse, park square, amenities building near the square, and apartment highrise area all along Dallas St starting first.

Has there always been another apartment high-rise in the plans? Nice to see that! How many stories is it? I'm on my phone but would have to guess around 12-14?

So this image is basically what will be built first in Phase II?

Yes.

The representative believed that's what would be started first. She said Alamo Drafthouse is eager to get a foothold in the area as soon as possible.

• Like 1

whyzie-2320872.jpg

outstanding work our pal TRITON!  you have earned a bit of rest for sure.  relax, take it easy... well done.

relax and take it easy?? lulz This guy should be turned into the HAIF shocktrooper. He gets in and gets out with all the info we could ever need :P Plenty of work still to do.

• Like 4

I don't know how Urby knew, but he's right! Went to their leasing office and they treated me like a news reporter (like royalty by showing me around the place). Actually had a person walk me through the entire new design (I have her contact information Urby if you want to keep in touch with them... she is emailing me additional photos today). The model is actually pretty cool and it lists the type of development by the lights... in other words, retail lighting came on with the push of a button, commercial lighting, office lighting, etc.

Let me just start off by saying the all glass condominium is officially gone. At least for the next phase, it is.

This is the original design:

regent-square.jpg

Here's the final design before construction starts next year (The model has been at the leasing off for a few weeks now):

This is the next apartment complex in the center right and the Alamo Drafthouse (which is 100% going here at this location) that has taken the place of the glass condo...

Based on the timeline right now, they told me construction of this next phase should start Q1 of next year. (She told me January or February of 2015).

2014-06-20 12.12.10 by marclongoria, on Flickr

2014-06-20 12.09.36 by marclongoria, on Flickr

2014-06-20 12.11.43 by marclongoria, on Flickr

That's the Regent Square representative helping me around the model.... not a giant human monster.  ;) That's Sovereign in the background including the early stages of Phase III.

2014-06-20 12.11.36 by marclongoria, on Flickr

We should all be familiar with this side... it is looking from Allen Parkway:

2014-06-20 12.11.25 by marclongoria, on Flickr

Note how the tower on the right is now gone (same picture from earlier)

Edit: The tower is "gone" at the moment but still in it's very early design stages.

regent-square.jpg

This is the only building lit because it is an office tower

14466110174_46976c75dc_h.jpg

2014-06-20 12.05.07 by marclongoria, on Flickr

Parking garages lit

14467264735_064b391bdb_h.jpg

i noticed the other original high-rise (not the 28(?) story glass condo tower in the back) along Allen Parkway (on the far right in all 3 pictures) thats 15 or so stories/taller than the 11 story Office Tower just east (left) of it, lost its details and looks to be a Phase III component now as well..? kind of strange given that its isolated from everything else Phase III.

Edited by cloud713

My thoughts: if phase three is the tall condo tower off Clay with all the other white boxes, that's a huge phase.

I'm guessing the theaters for the Alamo are underneath the parking garage.

If we could use the phrase game changer for only one development, this would be it. Hopefully it will pull the luxury retailers toward downtown. Love the galleria area but love downtown more. This will put river oaks district and boulevard place to shame. It will feel less imposing for the less than wealthy people a la west ave and river oaks district since it will be woven into the public fabric.

• Like 5

i noticed the other original high-rise (not the 28(?) story glass condo tower in the back) along Allen Parkway (on the far right in all 3 pictures) thats 15 or so stories/taller than the 11 story Office Tower just east (left) of it, lost its details and looks to be a Phase III component now as well..? kind of strange given that its isolated from everything else Phase III.

Yea, that's actually the building I meant that is currently "gone" at the moment. The person I spoke with didn't say it was a Phase III development. She said the design was simply back on the drawing boards.

Yea, that's actually the building I meant that is currently "gone" at the moment. The person I spoke with didn't say it was a Phase III development. She said the design was simply back on the drawing boards.

Ohh.. I thought you were talking about the 28 story condo tower being "gone" for now. Heh.. Interesting...

• Like 2

My thoughts: if phase three is the tall condo tower off Clay with all the other white boxes, that's a huge phase. I'm guessing the theaters for the Alamo are underneath the parking garage. If we could use the phrase game changer for only one development, this would be it. Hopefully it will pull the luxury retailers toward downtown. Love the galleria area but love downtown more. This will put river oaks district and boulevard place to shame. It will feel less imposing for the less than wealthy people a la west ave and river oaks district since it will be woven into the public fabric.

I agree, it seems to me as if -- to have enough space -- the Alamo would have to extend into the lower floors of the parking structure.  

If RS comes off "as per" ;-) the latest renderings, it will be like West Avenue on steroids.  ROD and BLVD Place will be nice, but this covers more ground and will be a much more immersive experience.