Regent Square: Mixed-Use On Allen Parkway At Dunlavy St.

Travel_n_Transport

Not surprised by this. I can't even imagine the hurdles they have had to go through just to get to this point. Seems they are about to do all of these at once! Thats crazy, but seems they are about to go full throttle on this thing if these were passed all at once. We should start to see activity on site soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Angostura said:

Well, this article said building permits would be issued by Q3. They were off by 2 weeks.

Again. Probably because they have decided to forgo "Phases" and just build the whole thing at once or within quick secession. Thats a lot of stuff to throw by way of the city. Not only are they trying to build on this property, but also change up the streets etc... I'm just glad this is moving forward and is real.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Urbannizer said:

The rest of this project is not being built all at once. Phase II is a 40-story high rise and retail at 3515 W Dallas. Everything else is part of  phase III. 

So this is all for the 40 story tower? Is the tower full speed ahead?

I did not think that tower was at 3515...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RealEstate said:

Before you get too excited - their merchandising plan is just a wish list of the tenant types they hope to attract. None of those deals are signed. They may have some luck on the local food and coffee prospects. 

Yeah, they sometimes do that, and I can name at least two other retail projects that did the same thing, one of which never came to fruition.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2016 at 5:16 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

(can't make out the one with G logo - any guesses?????)

Garces Group. Philadelphia-based restaurant group behind Amada and a slate of well executed eateries. Their brokers are out of NYC, so they're merchandising with many east coast names.

I would regard all of it as marketing fluff until announcements are made. 

IMG_1691.PNG

• Like 5

At the rate this is moving some of these companies could be out of business before they finish this.

I wouldn't hold my breath or get too excited. How long has it been since this was first announced and we haven't seen any dirt moved yet.

I don't count the high rise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobruss said:

At the rate this is moving some of these companies could be out of business before they finish this.

I wouldn't hold my breath or get too excited. How long has it been since this was first announced and we haven't seen any dirt moved yet.

I don't count the high rise.

I think I was in diapers.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bobruss said:

I wouldn't hold my breath or get too excited. How long has it been since this was first announced ?

Well, this topic was started in January 2007, so in a couple of weeks it will be ten years.

• Like 7

I walk past the southern edge of the site on West Clay almost everyday. In the last week there have been stakes that are painted orange placed all around the site. Some outside the fencing and some inside. Also they've marked some spots on the old foundations that are left in orange spray paint.

• Like 1

I walked the Western edge of the property next to the cemetery this morning. There is definitely a lot of of survey activity going on. Benchmarks have been placed. They have marked a few squares around 6ft on each side with the word "Footing" inside. Wooden stakes are all over the lot painted orange. CenterPoint has come out and marked the gas lines.

Edit: After looking at the master plan I'd say the "Foooting" markings are where the theatre is shown.

Edited by jgriff
New info
  • Like 4

According to this article from a few months ago, Phase 2 is 41-story residential, with the retail coming in Phase 3.

The first phase of what is ultimately expected to become a five-phase implementation was completed in 2014. It consisted of The Sovereign, a 290-unit rental apartment tower that is 21 storeys tall. With that stage completed, the highly anticipated second phase is primed to move forward. Standing on a site adjacent to The Sovereign, the 40-storey residential tower will boast 260 apartments. 

The third phase would become the mixed-use heart of the modern neighbourhood. In addition to more rental apartment units — 617 in total — this component would contain 200,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space, a 12-screen cinema, and a wealth of pedestrian-friendly streets, promenades, and public spaces. At full build-out, Regent Square will hold 2,000 luxury residences, 325,000 square feet of retail and restaurants, 200,000 square feet of office space, and a hotel.

I think the 41-story tower is slated to go immediately south of the Sovereign, but I'm not positive.

• Like 1