Regent Square: Mixed-Use On Allen Parkway At Dunlavy St.

Travel_n_Transport

Are there any updates on this project?

It looks as if the developer let another boom come and go while other mixed use projects were built (i.e. River Oaks District).

With the current excess inventory of apartment units, I don't see this happening anytime soon. The ironic thing is that had the 2008/09 scheme been built it would have been up and running and probably would have attracted a large number of the transplants from 2012-2015 who accepted their energy jobs downtown. Does anyone know what the plan is now?

From a good source....Morris Architects is still working on this and is finishing up the construction drawings within a few weeks.  I'm not sure what that means in relation to actual building...

Are there any updates on this project?

It looks as if the developer let another boom come and go while other mixed use projects were built (i.e. River Oaks District).

With the current excess inventory of apartment units, I don't see this happening anytime soon. The ironic thing is that had the 2008/09 scheme been built it would have been up and running and probably would have attracted a large number of the transplants from 2012-2015 who accepted their energy jobs downtown. Does anyone know what the plan is now?

• 2 months later...

It's incredible to believe I've been waiting for this for almost a decade now. I just never want this thing cancelled....don't want this to turn into just another apartment complex or something...

• Like 4

How do you guys feel this compares to Post Midtown Square?

They're very similar. But Regent Square has more square footage and taller buildings, a park  and includes retail. Both have all their buildings street facing and are apart of the street scene unlike ROD. 

Post midtown was truly the first of its kind in Houston. RS however takes it to another level. 

It would be a shame if developers didn't do their best to follow its lead after this starts to build out - embarrassing, really.

ROD, City Centre <_<

Regent Square :D:wub:

• Like 1

With all the new mid-rises going up in mid-town kind of reminds me of Manhattans mid-town.  Of course much less dense at this point, but i think we're going to see more and more of these types of projects go up between downtown and uptown/galleria in the next few decades.  As the land prices continue to rocket in this area, well see fewer single family homes (with the exception of River Oaks) as well as fewer single story businesses and shopping centers.  It's crazy to think that just a little over a century ago, this was all farmland with a little dirt road called Westheimer.

• 4 weeks later...

New brochure: http://regentsquarehouston.com/wp-content/uploads/GID_RegentSq_Bro_US_A4.pdf

At full build-out, Regent Square will ultimately cover 23 acres and 8 sub-blocks. It will become the major new town center within the Inner Loop of Houston and will include:

• Approximately 2,000 luxury residential units.

• 325,000 sf of retail stores and restaurants.

• 200,000 sf of office space and a hotel.

Regent Square is currently planned and designed as a five-phase development. Phase 1, The Sovereign, a 290-unit residential tower, completed construction in December 2014 and is fully rented. Phase 2, a 40 story residential tower with 260 apartments, adjacent to The Sovereign, will begin construction soon.

Phase 3 is the mixed-use core of the development and will establish Regent Square as the first truly mixed-use and walkable urban district in Houston. Phase 3 will feature: • 200,000 sf of retail and restaurant uses. • Retail tenanting that includes a 12-screen cinema, national, regional, and local tenants across a number of merchandising categories, and numerous restaurants ranging from fine dining to sidewalk cafés. • 617 rental apartment units. • A variety of spacious and well laid out apartment floor plans, offering top of the line features and unparalleled views. • Market defining residential amenities provided for each sub-block featuring fitness centers, pool and lounge areas, party rooms with kitchens, and resort style landscaped terraces. • Newly constructed streets, promenades and publ

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On August 17, 2016 at 1:21 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Country records show the purchased that property in May. The company name listed on county records for this, matches the name used for the trademark filing.

County records show who purchased what property in May? It's not clear from your post.