Regent Square: Mixed-Use On Allen Parkway At Dunlavy St.

Travel_n_Transport

Hard to tell. Looks like they put in a new sidewalk. There are definitely new flags there though. But you're right... some of them are inside the fence. I hope this thing happens... I really do.

Regent Square Houston by Marc longoria, on Flickr

Regent Square Houston by Marc longoria, on Flickr

Went to the Morris website. Went back several pages in the thread to see if this had been posted before. Is this new?

commercial2.jpg

That rendering is from around 2008...not sure if they drastically revised the plan or left as it was in 2008.

Also, the website is still dated 2008

http://www.regentsq.com/indexFlash.html

Edited by shasta

• 3 weeks later...

Not much of an update:

https://www.facebook.com/JordanSkala

GID Development’s Regent Square in Houston, Texas, is a 24-acre walkable mixed-use redevelopment project that will feature a blend of upscale retail shops, restaurants, residential buildings, office space, and parks/green spaces within the city’s urban core. Additionally, Regent Square is pursuing LEED BD+C Silver certification and will be Houston’s largest sustainable development. Jordan & Skala is providing Communications, Security, Audio/Visual, MEP, and Energy Services engineering design for parcels “A-2,”“B-2,” “B-3,” and “D-2” of the project.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Have we seen this somewhat updated plan? There is a tower south of Regent Square here. I honestly think GID is seeing the boom Houston is going through and updating their plans to include more height. Just my crazy opinion.

Regent-Square-Rendered-Site-Plan-UPDATE-

This is on Ziegler Coopers Regent Square page.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There is a meeting at Carnegie Vanguard High School tonight about Regent Square. If anyone goes could you please let us know if there is any news? I won't be able to make it.

https://www.facebook.com/NorthMontrose/

From another one of their posts:

REGENT SQUARE will be presenting details and answering questions regarding their upcoming building project in North Montrose.

and then...

nfortunately, Regent Square will be unavailable due to scheduling conflicts, but we will be presenting new information and taking questions and comments to relay to RS.

If someone goes you should definitely put it on periscope!

• Like 2

I didn't see post about the North Montrose meeting in time, but I did attend the meeting discussing the plans for Dunlavy as part of ReBuild Houston.  Several representatives from the architecture firm doing the design work for Regent Square.  They said the work currently underway on Dunlavy at Allen Parkway is in part being performed as part of that development.  They said phase I should break ground in Q4 2016, and considerable money was being spent by GID in preparation for that event.

They said phase I would include the Alamo Draft House (near the cemetery), the commercial buildings at the SW corner of W Dallas and Dunlavy, the apartments with GF retail south of W Dallas, and retail and a parking garage north of W Dallas.

Hopefully someone attended the neighborhood meeting and can provide additional detail.

• Like 6

^I knew I wouldn't be the only HAIFer there (Dunlavy meeting). Also interesting to hear that RS would allow public parking in their project to make up for removal of on-street parking.

Edited by Alec
  • Like 1

A year from now? I just hope this one gets through. I've been looking forward to Regent Square the most, especially after I gazed upon the grand scale model at their sales center and posted it here. This project is what Houston needs... a more walkable environment, so close to the newly completed bayou.

That's a lot of retail. Maybe they're smart and once they get the first phase up and running, things might not be so gloomy.

Just crazy they've held out this long. And thankfully positive news.

I made the very end of the North Montrose meeting. No one form GID was there - said they "weren't ready yet." Took a picture of phase one. Stated same start date of Q4 2016 and said that Telepson was the GC.

That map shows what appears to be a shopping center and parking lot where The Sovereign is , doesn't it? Did they just put a new date on an old drawing and bring it out for this meeting?

That map shows what appears to be a shopping center and parking lot where The Sovereign is , doesn't it? Did they just put a new date on an old drawing and bring it out for this meeting?

I think this map shows the use on the ground floor of the buildings proposed / built.  I believe the pink color represents retail - there is a retail space for lease at the corner of the Sovereign.  A large portion of the sovereign on the ground floor is the parking garage.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Seriously. I started a thread on this a year or so ago in the general Houston subforum.. What's with residential towers stopping at 40..?

There's no real force that pushes them to go taller. While I'm not in the real estate development trade, there must be a sweet spot with the return on investment for residential towers near 40 floors.

• Like 1

40 would look good there. 85 would be better but we must take what we can. How tall is the AIG building - could look good that distance from each other.

According to Wikipedia:

The America Tower is a 590 ft (180m) tall skyscraper. It was completed in 1983 and has 42 floors. It is the 19th tallest building in the city. It serves as the headquarters of Baker Hughes.[3] It served as the former headquarters of Continental Airlines; it now houses AIG American General and BDO USA, LLP.

According to Wikipedia:

Off this subject - sorta -but have you noticed the Hanover building on Montrose can be seen from all over now? It's incredible. And when regent square gets built it'll make Allen Parkway look incredible. It just needs a cool top so we can enjoy it (and I don't mean a styrofoam diamond!

• Like 3

I think this map shows the use on the ground floor of the buildings proposed / built.  I believe the pink color represents retail - there is a retail space for lease at the corner of the Sovereign.  A large portion of the sovereign on the ground floor is the parking garage.

This map does indeed show the existing ground floor plan of the Sovereign, that is the upper half of it (when seen from the right angle). The pink, as you mentioned, is retail and the darker green represents apartments. I live here, so I recognize the layout.

To me it looks like they plan to extend the Sovereign on the south side, continuing the garage-wrapped-in-retail-and-apartments style.

It's going to happen. It's very deep into the interior designs now and they hired a New York designer to help.

Happy to hear.

This feels like an East Coast tower. Maybe not something directly New York Cityish, but along the lines of Boston or Philadelphia, and to a lesser extend Atlanta.

It's clean, unoffensive, and a strong, dark pallet. Refreshing to see something other than Southern California or Emerald Coast-esque. Almost like this cold tall beer i'm enjoying while posting this nonsense.

• Like 3