Regent Square: Mixed-Use On Allen Parkway At Dunlavy St.

Travel_n_Transport

Saw a work crew upgrading the telecoms connections to this block yesterday, hopefully it is a good sign of things to come!

I saw some flags on Rochow also. Not sure if that is the first step in taking down the Allen house apartments or if they are leftover from street reconstruction earlier.

• 1 month later...

Hmm from the rendering it makes it look like its right next door to the Sovereign yet they say this is at the corner of W. Dallas and Dunlavy.

Agreed.

I believe that rendering is Phase II, next door to The Sovereign. 

• Like 1

The architecture is not fantastic, but it does look like the typical residential tower (plus the height), that you see pop up in Chicago and New York all the time.

I agree with Navi, I hope they don't loose touch with the original idea. But at this point any sign of progress is a good one.

• Like 2

Amenties of the highest class? Please no..... we have river oaks district for that. 

ROD is a wannabe urban place, just a step above Market Street in the Woodlands in thosse terms. If RS can create a true urban feel as their initial plans indicate, maybe they can get better tenants.

I love a highrise as much as anyone else. But, I hope that they are not loosing the concept of this development, for the sake height. This seems a bit overdone to me. And yes...confusing.

I think they can go for the same street level feel and increase the height. Just don't do ugly podium garages.

Hmm from the rendering it makes it look like its right next door to the Sovereign yet they say this is at the corner of W. Dallas and Dunlavy.

The tower portion of the Sovereign development is on the east side of the block, so this actually looks like it's to the southwest of the Sovereign.

The architecture is not fantastic, but it does look like the typical residential tower (plus the height), that you see pop up in Chicago and New York all the time.

I agree with Navi, I hope they don't loose touch with the original idea. But at this point any sign of progress is a good one.

I played word association in anticipation of seeing what the news was and immediately thought Atlanta. Right or wrong, that's what I thought.

The architecture kind of feels like a 90's suburban home to me.

i agree with most everything Lockmat.. except for Regent Square getting "better" tenants. from the developers perspective, its hard to get much better than tenants willing to pay $200/sqft. from the average middle class persons perspective, yeah they could definitely get stores that have a wider demographic.

so is the white high-rise in the background supposed to be the Sovereign? its got a garage wrapped in apartments like the Sovereign.

• Like 1

i agree with most everything Lockmat.. except for Regent Square getting "better" tenants. from the developers perspective, its hard to get much better than tenants willing to pay $200/sqft. from the average middle class persons perspective, yeah they could definitely get stores that have a wider demographic.

so is the white high-rise in the background supposed to be the Sovereign? its got a garage wrapped in apartments like the Sovereign.

That goes back to my earlier statement.... I thought Regent Square was supposed to be more approachable for middle class people. Highest class tenants? Now they make it sound like West Ave or River Oaks District, and I gotta admit, that loses a lot of its appeal if that's the case. I thought this would be the first truly urban walkable environment that almost all people could enjoy. 

• Like 5

I don't ever remember them stating the level of the tenants, but maybe you're right since Alamo Draft House isn't super high end.

And why am I wanting the tenants to be high end? You're right, since this is going to be inherently more "open" to passerbyer I should want this to be accessible to the common man.

• Like 1

so no one answered my question earlier.. do y'all think the white tower to the left is the Sovereign? if so, this appears to literally be butting up against the south side of the Sovereigns garage. are there no apartments wrapped around that side of it?

gid-investments-big-img-1.jpg

so no one answered my question earlier.. do y'all think the white tower to the left is the Sovereign? if so, this appears to literally be butting up against the south side of the Sovereigns garage. are there no apartments wrapped around that side of it?

gid-investments-big-img-1.jpg

It's The Sovereign; that side of the building is a blank wall.

• Like 1

To me it looks catty corner to it, as noted in my previous post by the orientation of the Soverign it is to the southwest of it.