Regent Square: Mixed-Use On Allen Parkway At Dunlavy St.

Travel_n_Transport

These are nice. But they are replicas of things I have seen in Northern Virginia that were built 10 years ago. 

It seems like the whole country is going to look the same now with these style buildings going up from coast to coast.

We all live in Edward Scissorhands neighborhood now.

It is just that neighborhood is a midrise not a suburban house

We are all hipsters not smoking housewives.

It's classic style architecture, so it does not surprise me if it is all over the country. We have so little of it, so I'm okay with it.

Just as important, if not more so, is that this is not a development on the side of the road (ROD, BLVD P., WEST AVE), it's a huge development along the roads. There are no private streets for RS.

• 4 weeks later...

Things are heating up on this and there is a possibility the scale of buildings might go up quite a bit In height.

Huh? Where did you hear this if you don't mind me asking. The skyscraper aficionado in me is excited, but the other part of me kind of likes the scale the development has/had(?). It wasn't too overbearing for the pedestrian.

• Like 1

Huh? Where did you hear this if you don't mind me asking. The skyscraper aficionado in me is excited, but the other part of me kind of likes the scale the development has/had(?). It wasn't too overbearing for the pedestrian.

Well they only axed the blue glass condo tower. Maybe it's back?

I can't believe this thread has been going on for 7 years and we barely got the Sovereign up and running. I guess the same could be said about BLVD Place.

I can't say much more now, but I know they are working on a possible new scale of buildings as an option and the Alamo section is going to start fairly soon. They have a lease that starts in 2016

Edited by bobruss
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Does anyone have any new information on Regent Square? I'm about to put in a bid on a townhouse that's very close to the site. I would appreciate any news. 

you better get that bid in before someone else does. I would say that area is a sound investment. Even if regent square itself doesnt come into furition, the area will be good to great.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Coming up on eight years since this project was announced.  I think it's safe to say this project is never going to happen, or at least it will be nothing like originally envisioned.  I read thread after thread about Houston being a boom town -- if these guys can't build in this environment, it's not going to happen.  Too bad -- I'll pour some of my forty on the ground this weekend to the dead real estate project that was Regent's Square.  

Edited by htownproud
  • Like 2

Coming up on eight years since this project was announced.  I think it's safe to say this project is never going to happen, or at least it will be nothing like originally envisioned.  I read thread after thread about Houston being a boom town -- if these guys can't build in this environment, it's not going to happen.  Too bad -- I'll pour some of my forty on the ground this weekend to the dead real estate project that was Regent's Square.  

Longer than that ...the developers have owned the Allen House since the 1980's. They definitely know how to play the waiting game.

While I agree No activity is perplexing but in all honesty,  they did just build the first phase of Regent Square. The apartment tower IS part of Regent Square. They are trying to establish a catchment area to justify the walkable retail space.

• Like 1

Coming up on eight years since this project was announced. I think it's safe to say this project is never going to happen, or at least it will be nothing like originally envisioned. I read thread after thread about Houston being a boom town -- if these guys can't build in this environment, it's not going to happen. Too bad -- I'll pour some of my forty on the ground this weekend to the dead real estate project that was Regent's Square.

Not necessarily.

Ed Wulfe was working on BLVD Place back in 2001-2002. What year is it now?

These things can take a looooong time sometimes.

• Like 1

Sovereign residents have brought zero street activity

Because they have nowhere around them to walk to. If Regent square was built then you would see street activity. It really doesn't make since though. You hear that Houston is booming more than any other city in America right now, but when you look around you see a lot of cities that seem to have more development going on then Houston (maybe Houston's is just spread out???). Regent square was my favorite of all of the urban developments going up in Houston because it was designed to interact with the city streets and not built around an island of parking.

maybe you can coordinate a weekly "play in traffic" day for all those ungrateful residents.

Nobody is calling them ungrateful but apartments themselves don't bring street activity it's retail and bike/walking lanes and people willing to walk and bike.

Edited by Slick Vik
  • Like 1

Because they have nowhere around them to walk to. If Regent square was built then you would see street activity. It really doesn't make since though. You hear that Houston is booming more than any other city in America right now, but when you look around you see a lot of cities that seem to have more development going on then Houston (maybe Houston's is just spread out???). Regent square was my favorite of all of the urban developments going up in Houston because it was designed to interact with the city streets and not built around an island of parking.

Whole foods, buffalo bayou, pimlicos, river oaks, the Marshall's complex. People prefer to drive here.