Regent Square: Mixed-Use On Allen Parkway At Dunlavy St.

Travel_n_Transport

Well, since there is some reason for renewed optimism, here is the Phase I model in the Leasing Center:

W. Dallas at Dunlavy, looking Westward:

regent_square_2_fs.jpg

Allen Parkway at Dunlavy:

regent_square_march_2009_fs.jpg

W. Dallas at Dunlavy:

regent_square_5_fs.jpg

Regent Park (off of W. Dallas):

reget_square_6_fs.jpg

W. Clay at Woodhead:

regent_square_3_fs.jpg

W. Dallas looking Eastward from River Oaks:

regent_square_4_fs.jpg

These are available here: http://www.naberkowitz.com/leasingcenter.shtml

Edited by uhlaw09

Im pretty sure the tax incentive, the actual project has been approved for maybe a year now.

Exactly. While there may, in fact, be revisions and redesigns of the project requiring city approval, this is dealing more with the financial incentives.

Heh.

Not that I'm trying to belittle the project (believe me, I think it's very exciting), I can't help but think of the opening to Mister Roger's Neighborhood when I see this image.

reget_square_6_fs.jpg

Edited by The Great Hizzy!

Not that I'm trying to belittle the project (believe me, I think it's very exciting), I can't help but think of the opening to Mister Roger's Neighborhood when I see this image.

That's exactly what I was thinking! haha, and apparently urbanerd too.

You rock Uhlaw, thanks

I don't see any of the towers in these shots. There should be a mid sized one at the bottom right side of this picture.

Maybe they made the model before they redesigned Regent Square and/or the towers are not part of Phase I.

Edited by UpuPUp!

If I am not mistaken, the proposed highrise is a ways off from the sites shown in the model. Perhaps it is a different phase?

I don't see any of the towers in these shots. There should be a mid sized one at the bottom right side of this picture.

I remember an article stating that the condo towers being discussed here would not be built in Phase I, and instead would be built on an ad hoc basis only if, and when, the market conditions are right. I think the office building at Allen Pkwy and Dunlavy was the only 10+ story building that they confirmed would be built in Phase I. That seems consistent with the model.

Along those same lines, I stumbled across this online recently. An international architecture website published it, but I can't find any renderings online. Surely this is describing the proposed large condo tower on W. Dallas:

UNITED STATES

Highly-anticipated designs for a 28-storey residential tower in Houston have finally been revealed. The Regent Square tower will include 150 condominiums, a 1,400 square metre amenity deck and 930 square metres of indoor amenity areas. The design features floor-to-ceiling windows and expansive views of downtown Houston. The development is part of a broader plan to transform the area to a vibrant urban community and promote a mixed-use neighbourhood.

http://www.architectureanddesign.com.au/article/Global-round-up/473808.aspx

Edited by uhlaw09

I was able to pop into the leasing center briefly recently and can fill you all in on a few things.

The leasing center will formally open within 3-4 weeks. They're still finishing up a few things, but from what I've seen thus far, it's quite nice. Not jammed with clutter nor is it closed in. Nice and open, with renderings and the model. Now for a bit of extra info on that model...

Each of the residential towers is in the model, though since no specific design has been picked, they're represented by opaque plastic forms which are in the general shape of what I'm guessing the developers intend the towers to look like. There are a few renderings of a glassy, curvy highrise of about 25-30 floors which are partially visible on some printed material on display and in a video that plays in the center.

I was a bit pressed for time, but I intend on picking up some of the printed materials when the place formally opens.

• Like 1

I was able to pop into the leasing center briefly recently and can fill you all in on a few things.

The leasing center will formally open within 3-4 weeks. They're still finishing up a few things, but from what I've seen thus far, it's quite nice. Not jammed with clutter nor is it closed in. Nice and open, with renderings and the model. Now for a bit of extra info on that model...

Each of the residential towers is in the model, though since no specific design has been picked, they're represented by opaque plastic forms which are in the general shape of what I'm guessing the developers intend the towers to look like. There are a few renderings of a glassy, curvy highrise of about 25-30 floors which are partially visible on some printed material on display and in a video that plays in the center.

I was a bit pressed for time, but I intend on picking up some of the printed materials when the place formally opens.

Thanks for the on-site research! :)

I'm glad this project is still relatively on track.

• 3 weeks later...

New detailed renderings of the 28-story residential tower. :D

West View

39874_7186769213RS-Condo-view-3-her.jpg

Southwest View

39874_7190241435RS-Condo_view2.jpg

Northwest View

39874_719375706RS-Condo_view1.jpg

http://www.handelarchitects.com/mediatedsp...are_Houston.pdf

New York City-based Handel Architects LLP has revealed its design for a new 28-story residential tower in Houston, Texas. The Regent Square tower will include 150 condominiums, a 15,000-square-foot (1,400-square-meter) amenity deck, and 10,000 square feet (930 square meters) of indoor amenity areas. LEED certification is expected.

The design combines two distinctly different halves. The eastern half features floor-to-ceiling curtain wall with views of downtown Houston. The western half introduces double-height outdoor space to each unit with expansive views towards Memorial Park. Gary Handel, AIA, is serving as partner-in-charge. The building is part of a 15-acre (six-hectare) master plan for a pedestrian-oriented neighborhood. The developer is GID Urban Development Group.

http://www.architectureweek.com/cgi-bin/wl...4/news_1-1.html

Edited by UpuPUp!
  • Like 2

Awesome, I read about these renderings a month ago, but couldn't find them anywhere.

Man, that is one of the most interesting towers I've seen in a while. Will be interesting to see how it looks compared to the rest of the development. Those renderings give you some idea, but it's a bit hard to tell.

This is HAIF. We're a team...spill the info here when you get it! :P

I try :) Check out post #400 above.

PS: I'm obsessed about this development in case you can't tell. I own property down the street in part because of it. I blame HAIF for building up my expectations.

I try :) Check out post #400 above.

PS: I'm obsessed about this development in case you can't tell. I own property down the street in part because of it. I blame HAIF for building up my expectations.

I missed it! oops

Yep, this will be pretty awesome and sure to spur tons more projects...i'm guessing

lockmat, what is that in front of that building? A subway station? (wishful thinking, lol)

No idea, I've been wondering what it is myself. The earliest renderings, including Regent Square's website has this structure shown clearly. Maybe it's a bus stop or something but I don't really know.