Regent Square: Mixed-Use On Allen Parkway At Dunlavy St.

Travel_n_Transport

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just read that Phase II, including the Alamo Drafthouse, has been canned altogether..can anyone confirm? 

Can you reveal where you read that?  I figured this was coming but it seems odd given they were doing soil work just two weeks ago.

Honestly, GID's philosophy with this property is hard to understand.  They have now missed two real estate booms, and if they are canceling, will miss the third.  This a prime property, about to get better with the renovation of buffalo bayou / allen parkway.  Perhaps they will sell it so something can actually happen here.

Edited by hysinger
  • Like 1

Can you reveal where you read that?  I figured this was coming but it seems odd given they were doing soil work just two weeks ago.

Honestly, GID's philosophy with this property is hard to understand.  They have now missed two real estate booms, and if they are canceling, will miss the third.  This a prime property, about to get better with the renovation of buffalo bayou / allen parkway.  Perhaps they will sell it so something can actually happen here.

Midway....

http://www.constructionwire.com/Client/Report/Details/2138252?reporttypeid=1

You'll need a subscription, but here it says "As of 5/21/2015, plans have not moved forward, and have been cancelled." I think subscribers can give a status update on projects, but I'm not sure the info shown is correct. As you said, soil samples were taken and an announcement was going to made on the next phase.

We walked by the site this morning and there seems to be new survey stakes out (Allen Parkway & Dunlavy).  I didn't remember seeing them previously.  The stakes are also inside of the fence which I'll take as a good sign... 

Hard to tell. Looks like they put in a new sidewalk. There are definitely new flags there though. But you're right... some of them are inside the fence. I hope this thing happens... I really do.

20799087165_fd33ef032b_h.jpg

Regent Square Houston by Marc longoria, on Flickr

20789652232_4a5b971155_h.jpg

Regent Square Houston by Marc longoria, on Flickr

Went to the Morris website. Went back several pages in the thread to see if this had been posted before. Is this new?

commercial2.jpg

Edited by Triton
  • Like 7