Grand Opening for Architecture Center Houston (ArCH)

pineda

Included will be the model and plans for the new Asia House building in the Museum District designed by Yoshio Taniguchi; the Buffalo Bayou Partnership plan for continued reclamation and landscaping of Buffalo Bayou; renderings and plans for Discovery Green, the new downtown park; and details of the planned I-45 and I-10 realignments.

I-45 & I-10 realignments?

Seems like the sort of thing HAIF could have sponsored. Too bad they didn't ask.

I'll add it to the calendar, at least.

If I can interject, they encourage any and everyone that is either in the field and or has a sincere passion for the world of design and architecture to please attend. Best to call in Ana in advance for the Official Grand Opening in February, business attire (mayor will be there). Cheers for Houston!

• 4 weeks later...
Did anyone go to this event? Any more info?

Yes.. They had a nice model for the Asia House, but besides that, everything for Discovery Green, Buffalo Bayou Partnership, The 1-45 spagetti bowl re-alignment... while it was nice seeing everything on huge display boards, it wasn't anything new that can't be found online or on this forum.

They had some LRT board up, but nothing new.. looked to be geared more towards someone who had no idea Houston was expanding it's lightrail. They had some Intermodal Station renders up too.

They also had a few renders for the Coffee Building at Allen's Landing, but nothing new that hasn't been linked to before in this forum.

As for the actual ArCH... they've set up a pretty nice space there.

Did anyone go to this event? Any more info?

I thought it was really nice. Kind of small but I guess it seemed that way because of the huge crowd. Was like that party scene from "Breakfast at Tiffany's". No cat though.

Hope to join AIA asap.

Seems like the sort of thing HAIF could have sponsored. Too bad they didn't ask.

I'll add it to the calendar, at least.

Maybe this helps. I mentioned you guys to quite a bit of people at this event. They were thrilled! Membership/participation should increase. I jotted down on backs of many business cards.

See what even just one person's presence makes a difference! :)

Archived