Tomball Growth

Bubba

Anyone know what is going in at the southwest corner of the new 249 Bypass and 2920? They have clear cut there for what looks to be another humongous shopping center. There are already plans for a big shopping center on 249 near Baker. I know the area is growing, but don't know about it being able to support all these centers.

• 2 months later...

Is this the land that was cleared across from the Target and Lowe's shopping center? Tomball is growing really fast. :rolleyes:

And to answer your question: "NO".

The commercial center accross the street that contains Kroger has a lot of store owners hanging on by a thread and I would not be suprised if you see some of them close over the next few months.

Is this the land that was cleared across from the Target and Lowe's shopping center? Tomball is growing really fast. :rolleyes:

Tomball is growing fast. Tomball ISD is about to build more schools including a second High School.

Tomball is growing fast. Tomball ISD is about to build more schools including a second High School.

Yeah, they'll need it. I heard Creekside Park, the last village in The Woodlands, which just opened, is projected to have more than 7,000 homes and they're all zoned to Tomball.

I used to live in the apartment complex by the hospital and took 2920 to work when I worked in Waller County...I also remember cutting across 249 on now Medical Center Complex and taking many risks on the back road to jump across 2920 hoping to avoid the intersection at 249 and 2920...now they have a light fortunately after a few accidents

I didn't expect Tomball to grow so fast..I remember coming up there as a kid on the way to Navasota and noticed the amount of growth from the 80s and the late 90s ..when I moved there in 2002 it was really beginning to take off and once I moved away it exploded with the Kroger strip center, the long awaited bypass, etc.

My thing is where are all these new residents coming from? Are the majority of Tomball's population working in surrounding areas and living in the city or there's a big employer in the city that drives everyone there?

Guest Marty

I like to drive my Jeep 4X4 but in the last 5 years i have seen a explosion of Jack, Mr. King and the Clown restaurants around 2920 @ 249 but I hide out at my retreat at the Cypress Rosehill street area and cook Bar B Que ;)

• 4 months later...
Guest Marty
What's going in next to the HEB? (2920 & 249) Looks like they already torn down the Academy.

I think there clearing room for extra parking for the HEB.

Archived