Looking For A House In Lake Olympia, Sienna Plantation

shady 75

I have a wife and a baby on the way and am looking to move to either of these two areas in the near future. Just wanted to get your guys opinions on both communities. I have looked at both a bit and obviously know that Sienna is newer, etc. Some people are telling me that Lake Olympia is on the down swing, etc. Is this true? All information you have on these two areas would be much appreciated. Thanks

I have a wife and a baby on the way and am looking to move to either of these two areas in the near future. Just wanted to get your guys opinions on both communities. I have looked at both a bit and obviously know that Sienna is newer, etc. Some people are telling me that Lake Olympia is on the down swing, etc. Is this true? All information you have on these two areas would be much appreciated. Thanks

I can't really vouch for Lake Olympia today but I don't see why it would be on the downswing. There are very expensive homes in that neighborhood and it is right in the middle of the growth path down Hwy 6. As I'm sure you've found, Sienna Plantation is very nice and I have no reason to believe that it won't continue to grow quickly while keeping it's serene, nature first atmosphere. Another area that might interest you is Riverstone. It's closer to 59 than the other two and very upscale. It's just in the beginning of it's growth which will one day cover approximately 2000 acres.

Good luck! This is a great area to raise a family.

For Sienna Plantation, in Fort Bend ISD, some areas are zoned to Sienna Crossing Elementary School, with other parts zoned to Scanlan Oaks Elementary School. All areas are zoned to Baines Middle School and Hightower High School.

Some Hightower HS parents do not like how Patricia Paquin, the current principal, has handled the school. http://www.houston-press.com/Issues/2006-0...ws/feature.html

For Lake Olympia (also in FBISD):

* Palmer Elementary School

* Lake Olympia Middle School

* Elkins High School

For open sections of Riverstone (also in FBISD):

* Austin Parkway Elementary School

* First Colony Middle School

* Elkins High School

Thanks for your input guys. But in the end I guess what I am asking is this? For a little bit more money is it better to move to Sienna or find a better deal on a home in Lake Olympia. Olympia has lower tax rates and housing prices than Sienna but Sienna is newer with more amenities.

I live in Sienna, and highly recommend it. IMHO - you get what you pay for. We have two kids (5 and 2), so the extra amenities really tipped the scale for us. Have you seen the Sienna water park? My kids LOVE it!

cs_full_1.jpg

Sienna also has TWO other neighborhhood pools that are very nice - one of which is geared towards younger kids.

Frog_28.thumb.jpg

In addition to THREE pools, Sienna also has the Brushy Lake Fitness center. It's a complete fitness center that's free to homeowners.

BrushyLake_5.thumb.jpg

equipment_13wide.thumb.jpg

jazzercise_9.thumb.jpg

Also, the new Camp Sienna sports complex (softball and socker fields, playgrouds, trails) just opened recently.

complex1.jpg

Check out the Sienna Photo Album for more pictures: http://www.siennaplantation.com/gallery/al...albumListPage=1

Thanks for your input guys. But in the end I guess what I am asking is this? For a little bit more money is it better to move to Sienna or find a better deal on a home in Lake Olympia. Olympia has lower tax rates and housing prices than Sienna but Sienna is newer with more amenities.

If you don't mind the drive, I'd pick Sienna. It's just got more of a Woodlands/First Colony feel. By that I mean it's a large, master planned community that should thrive for many, many years to come.

Interesting thread... my wife, my 5 month old and I are planning to move this year. Our choices are between Pearland (SCR, Silvercreek, others) or Sugarland/Mo City area (Savannah, Lake O., Sienna.)

Of course I am on the school hunt, although schools that are good now may not be good in 5, 10, 15 years. I hadn't been to Sienna in quite a while (years), so I didn't know about the smaller water park or the fitness center, both of which are positive.

The FBTR plans are good. The current lack of retail (nearest grocery store?) is negative for Sienna, Lake O, Savannah, etc, but should improve.

Of course I am on the school hunt, although schools that are good now may not be good in 5, 10, 15 years. I hadn't been to Sienna in quite a while (years), so I didn't know about the smaller water park or the fitness center, both of which are positive.

The FBTR plans are good. The current lack of retail (nearest grocery store?) is negative for Sienna, Lake O, Savannah, etc, but should improve.

Two new schools just opened in Sienna. Scanlin Oaks Elementary opened for the 2005 school year, and Baines Middle School opened for the 2006 year. There is a bond vote scheduled soon for a new High School as well.

The fort Bend toll road is complete from Highway 6 all the way to US90 (south Main) north of the beltway. When traffic is light, I can make it from my driveway to downtown in 30 minutes (and 10 minutes of that drive is just getting out of Sienna). If you work in the med center - It's a very direct route and only takes about 20 minutes.

Regarding the grocery store, currently the closest one is the Kroger - which is a 15 minute drive. However, there are already plans to build a large retail center at the corner of the Fort Bend tollroad and Highway 6 that is supposed to have an HEB. Eventually, the Fort Ben tollroad will extend South of Hwy 6, into Sienna and cross over Sienna parkway. This should shave another 5 minutes or so off my drive, and there is also another large retail center planned for the South/West corner of the intersection.

...can you tell that I like Sienna? :)

• The title was changed to Looking For A House In Lake Olympia, Sienna Plantation

Archived