Artic Blast

houstonfella

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I HATE cold whether and especially these BLASTS that last for a day or two.

Hail to 90 degrees.... FOREVER. But it won't work here; so I'll learn to deal.

How does 30 deg F appeal Some like it HOT ... me......................

don't forget the other C in arctic.

i'm with marty.....frozen mosquitos are the best mosquitos

How does 30 deg F appeal

Mom loves the cold; dad and myself like it HOT ... me...................... Y ay summer,

Earlier today I was watching the Weather Channel. It was very strange. Houston's wind chill index was a pleasant 75 degrees, and in fact, I'd finally stopped sweating bullets after having done some work on the Eastwood property. Meanwhile, Dallas was a bitter 21.

I say that this is the leading edge of the next ice age. After all, look how much media attention it's getting. And media attention is the true cause of climate change. :P

nothing happening in Dallas but good bug killing weather and some rain. We rarely get anything close to what the weather people say. Its like they forget that we get our moisture from the Gulf or Pacific which are both so warm that scenarios like they are dreaming up are almost always impossible.

How does 30 deg F appeal

Mom loves the cold; dad and myself like it HOT ... me...................... Y ay summer,

Well, since Houston doesn't have a real winter (not one that I would consider as cold anyhow) I like these occasional icy blasts.

And yes, if it kills the 'skeeters I am for it. I have been bitten twice in the last couple of days meaning they (mosquitos) are bad because of warm winter weather here.

Chalk me up for the pansy list.

I went in for the early morning meeting then said "See you Wednesday !" Just finished wrappin the pipes, got the pool pump runnin with the heater on. Make sure the rest of you with pools leave the pumps running during the freeze, word to the wise. I made a big ol' pot of chili. Not wolf brand, HOMEMADE baby ! Bring on the cold.

This is great beer drinking weather. ;)

Well, that makes some sense, because you could be sober and still drive recklessly into the median with all that ice. :wacko: So yes drink up!

LOL, please don't btw, we don't need anymore chaos tonight.

Well, that makes some sense, because you could be sober and still drive recklessly into the median with all that ice. :wacko: So yes drink up!

LOL, please don't btw, we don't need anymore chaos tonight.

I was talking about sitting on the back porch :) I never drink and drive.

QUOTE(Marty @ Monday, January 15th, 2007 @ 12:58pm) *

This is great beer drinking weather. wink.gif

...among other abominations.

if i didn't have to be kid friendly, i'd be buying several bottles of champagne and having a good old fashioned sleep over.

I love this weather BUT i hate the media "Oooh It's springlike weather!"When it's hot they delicate flower, when it's cold they can't wait for spring. We have 9 months to enjoy the heat...let's keep the below 90 degree weather much longer.

I am going to go out on a limb, here:

This "Artic Blast" will turn out to be much ado about nothing!

PRINT IT

But I am still glad it's getting cold.

I tend to agree. All hype no ice.

But that hasn't stopped one of my employees from calling me to see if we're expected to be at work tomorrow.

Archived