Home At 56 Tiel Way

Jersey01

Does anyone know what is going on at 56 Tiel Way? The house is a rustic 50's mod that was designed by Hugo Neuhaus Jr. But lately it has been covered and some type of construction is under way. The home has always made me curious as it is as far from the typical River Oaks home as anyone can imagine. Hopefully it is a restoration.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what is going on at 56 Tiel Way? The house is a rustic 50's mod that was designed by Hugo Neuhaus Jr. But lately it has been covered and some type of construction is under way. The home has always made me curious as it is as far from the typical River Oaks home as anyone can imagine. Hopefully it is a restoration.

I would imagine it's a restoration. That's been going on for quite a while.

• 3 weeks later...
permits indicate that there is remodeling to the main house and guest house, and that the garage was demolished

wasn't this place remodeled in the late eighties? guess it wasn't to mr. steele's liking

Where did you find the permit info?

permits indicate that there is remodeling to the main house and guest house, and that the garage was demolished

wasn't this place remodeled in the late eighties? guess it wasn't to mr. steele's liking

This place was restored by Leslie Elkins in 1992.

• 2 months later...
looks like a neighbor, 55 tiel way, is up for demolition

56 seems to be undergoing one serious restoration/rennovation/remodeling. The house is still there (you can see a few of the windows through the green screens.) I don't think this one is in any danger of vanishing.

• 3 weeks later...
what about 20 tiel way - i can't remember what is/was there -

anyhow, it will apparently be gone any moment, as well

One of the ramshackle ones was toasted on Friday. The other is doomed as well, according to River Oaks patrol.

20 Tiel Way had an "open house" over a year ago which was more of a property open house. We went and paid our respects. It was pretty interesting, but in barely savable condition even by the most heroic restorer. The sale price was something like $900K. 24 or 26 or whatever Tiel is in even worse condition. Since they were side by side I thought someone might buy both and put up something really big. Too bad people let their houses get to that state.

Jason

One of the ramshackle ones was toasted on Friday. The other is doomed as well, according to River Oaks patrol.

• The title was changed to Home At 56 Tiel Way