Looking for woodworker...

I haven't been able to find the 'perfect' low-rise modern media cabinet within my price range and wonder if having it made locally might be a better option. Anyone have recommendations for someone who could make one for me? I have *no* idea what something like this would cost...but I'll never know unless I ask!

Thanks, Chris

355754537_a79cfd95eb.jpg

I haven't been able to find the 'perfect' low-rise modern media cabinet within my price range and wonder if having it made locally might be a better option. Anyone have recommendations for someone who could make one for me? I have *no* idea what something like this would cost...but I'll never know unless I ask!

An old neighbor is a great cabinet maker. we've used him several times as have several friends who needed a specialty piece of furniture. this would be a no brainer for him. tomas rios 713 545 6882

You might try looking at credenzas as well. I ended up finding a vintage mid century buffet recently and am very happy because everything is accessible while standing up plus i like the bonus storage space.

So you like your components that low? I sure would get irritated changing CDs if it was that low! Not sure if you have a coffee table and have anything in on it. but if you're lying down on a sofa your field of view could be partially obscured.

An old neighbor is a great cabinet maker. we've used him several times as have several friends who needed a specialty piece of furniture. this would be a no brainer for him. tomas rios 713 545 6882

You might try looking at credenzas as well. I ended up finding a vintage mid century buffet recently and am very happy because everything is accessible while standing up plus i like the bonus storage space.

So you like your components that low? I sure would get irritated changing CDs if it was that low! Not sure if you have a coffee table and have anything in on it. but if you're lying down on a sofa your field of view could be partially obscured.

It will actually be placed below a wall-mounted plasma (mounted around sitting height). I can't stand seeing the a/v equipment, so have all my music stored on my home theater pc (don't even have a CD player anymore), which will be behind one of the cabinet doors, along with everything else. My remote is RF-capable so I will be able to keep the doors closed all the time. I'm pumped! :lol:

ETA: I found this on ebay, and the price is OK. Of course shipping is a nightmare and I'm sure there is a place reserved in Hell for those who remove the legs from collectible furniture, LOL

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...=63564&rd=1

It will actually be placed below a wall-mounted plasma (mounted around sitting height). I can't stand seeing the a/v equipment, so have all my music stored on my home theater pc (don't even have a CD player anymore), which will be behind one of the cabinet doors, along with everything else. My remote is RF-capable so I will be able to keep the doors closed all the time. I'm pumped! :lol:

I have way too many CDs for that to be feasible for me. I"m a big audiophile and still prefer a CD quality over MP3s.

Archived