Midtown Lounge On Chenevert St. And W. Gray St.

No kidding... Did some more google searches and it used to be an after hours club called Club Vision a few years back.

It isnt after hours anymore, the place is usually dark by midnight on weeknights.

I also found what you were talking about. The Houston BDSM club used to have their meetings there... WTF???

I used to live at Chenevert and Dennis. Sunday mornings I'd go out to get a paper and drive by Club Vision.

It was funny to see all the kids creeping out of the club still whiggin their arses off as the sun came up.

Is this the same Club Vision in downtown?

I used to live at Chenevert and Dennis. Sunday mornings I'd go out to get a paper and drive by Club Vision.

It was funny to see all the kids creeping out of the club still whiggin their arses off as the sun came up.

Is this the same Club Vision in downtown?

I don't know about this club; but back in the day (early 80s) .... we'd dance until 10 a.m. the next morning. I think LSD had something to to with it. Bottom line: in Houston, there's always something to do all night if you have the energy. Jeez... I would be dead if I tried that Numbers thing back in the 80s again. But I am happy to know that the young ones of THE CITY have lots to do at all times of the day. :rolleyes:

I agree, houston has an amazingly vibrant after hours scene.

The only problem is that I only have knowledge of a COUPLE of the clubs that are out there.

I know a copy of the Houston Press and other weekly's come in handy, but I wish there was a definitive list to use.

BTW:

Last time I went to numbers is when a friend was spinning and I was there at the age of 25. I felt like a child predator and almost immediately walked out.

I agree, houston has an amazingly vibrant after hours scene.

The only problem is that I only have knowledge of a COUPLE of the clubs that are out there.

I know a copy of the Houston Press and other weekly's come in handy, but I wish there was a definitive list to use.

BTW:

Last time I went to numbers is when a friend was spinning and I was there at the age of 25. I felt like a child predator and almost immediately walked out.

The clubs are always better when they are more underground. Once they are advertised, then the fun is usually gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Rich's has a great view of the skyline. But most people in there are viewing other things. :P That's the one club that has been here for decades. Cool. It seems to change with the culture and generation. Plus, great location.

And....... Montrose was the place where gay people settled in the 50s and 60s and when everyone figured out it is totally cool to be there, the land value skyrocketed. That's OK tho, because gay people tend to be slightly ahead of the curve. Of course, that's my biased opinion. Rich's was there in the 80s... now it is "Midtown" and cool. Montrose has been there forever and, of course, now it is the place to own a mid or high rise.

• The title was changed to Midtown Lounge On Chenevert St. And W. Gray St.

Archived