Cold, dark, overcast Houston

Montrose1100

i love this pic. sorta looks like the light is pointing straight up ala lexor in vegas ;)

Actually, I kind of thought that it looked like it was peeing. Strange, probably, but Williams Tower is already the ultimate phallic symbol. Is it so hard to make that leap, esp. when rotated?

3167v5dmz1.jpg

What street were you on in the 2nd photo, shown in my quote of you? That faceted glass section of one of the townhomes interests me.

As Ricco said, it's on Dart St. HAIF had it covered here.

Great pics, Montrose. Love the muddy sky, looks like the Buffalo Bayou.

Actually, I kind of thought that it looked like it was peeing. Strange, probably, but Williams Tower is already the ultimate phallic symbol. Is it so hard to make that leap, esp. when rotated?

Well since you seem to be the recent pervert on the sight, no the leap must not be very much for you. > :)

Just kidding niche. But your right.

I love this pic. it reminds me of a 70's pic of New York that I saw one time. It is just soooo GRITTY, and very cool to me.

42xqyad.jpg

The pics are fantastic. But this one inspires me. It reminds me why I moved to Houston years ago. Big, diverse and tall. Thanks for the inspiration. I couldn't sleep so HAIF always gives me something cool to start my day. Happy NY HAIFers.

You guys take some great pics. It is my New Year's resolution to get out and put some great photos of our GREAT city and metro. It is coming... just gotta get off my arse and stop watching sports long enough to do it. Thanks to you all for your sharing some very cool photos. Happy New Year.

This little Sony DSC-N2 rocks, You really need to get you one Marty, my old Epson is so history. I am glad it crapped out on me, so I'd get off my tight ass and buy this thing. Best Buy has them for $349.00 looked at one today when I went to pickup a 2 gig Micro SD Trans-Flash for my Blackjack.

DSCN2.jpg

That's a sleek little sony and the picture looks pretty good for not a bad price. I like it.

And these pictures are awesome. You do a great job at taking pics Montrose.

That's a sleek little sony and the picture looks pretty good for not a bad price. I like it.

And these pictures are awesome. You do a great job at taking pics Montrose.

Thanks, but these pictures were not taken with that sony camera... mine broke, my friend uses some canon (p.o.s.).

• 3 weeks later...

These pics are a reminder of why we dream of Houston...even those of us who are not there at the moment. I like Tampa Bay and all...but damn, Houston can give you everything. A nice slice of Manhattan-Chicago gritty, a nice if varied slice of Florida (around the Clear Lake area), nice slices of that LA style in the Houston way (Galleria, Rice Village, New Chinatown, etc.), Mayberry (Old Town Spring), Venice in Sherwood Forest...

Houston has different moods and I find that appealing. So much more of a place that makes you feel and think compared to San Diego and Tampa Bay, my two other recent homes of late.

I am grateful to those who take these pictures.

• 4 months later...
How the hell did I miss the rest of these posted pics. These kick some serious ass Montross. ____.

I missed them too!! Where have I been?? These are great.. especially now with summer in the city.

Archived